Thursday, April 3, 2008

Winding Down, some thoughts

Well Mom is home in Indiana, Lissa has gone back home to Orem, and Steve is on his way from the Vegas airport.
Mom, thanks so much for coming...I know that not everyone can see their family that lives far away, we are glad that you came to see us. Thanks for spending your Spring Break with us.
Liss, Thanks for coming down and "saving our bacon". You are always generous. Chillis rocked last night. Thanks for cleaning the house and taking the kids to daycare. I know the kids were a bit wild since they were Status-Post Ma-ectomy, and because well, they are our kids. Thanks for the good conversation, your insight and friendship.
Also, I want to thank my friend Tiff for her depth and wisdom. I was telling her that I thought Zac would not do well the day mom left, and that it wouldn't be a good idea if he came to the airport for good-byes- (the nightmare of when we flew from Indiana and she waving at the gate flooded my mind, Zac cried for ma desperately.- I worried people thought that I was taking him from his mom, since "Ma"sounds like "mom") Tiff suggested that maybe my prediction of his feelings were also a reflection of my feelings, or that I felt the same way. At the time, I thought that was only possibly true. I remember not being emotional as I thought about her leaving, after all, I am an adult and I know that she loves me, etc, etc. But Tiff is almost always right when it comes to things and me...we took the kids to daycare, and lo and behold, I am the one crying as she hugged Zac and Jenna goodbye. The kids were obviously sad and Zac looked very disappointed and even lonely, but didn't bawl how I had imagined. He has asked about her, but maybe he feels peace because he knows that he will again see her- or again maybe that is my feeling.
Lastly, on a different note...I am glad that Steve was away...not really, but it made me be independent again. What I mean is, I had to drive to Las Vegas airport alone twice! I know you Las Vegas women scoff, but it was way stressful for me. We are talking sweat rings and chest pain! Thank goodness for Hillary Weeks (see a song of her's on the playlist to the left) and deep breathing. All is well. It is good to do those things on my own, it helps me to know that I can. I can also see that my age is wearing on me, I say that because I am less excited "to get out there and do it". I can see why old people get "set in their ways" and like routine. It's easier. I will resist, however.

I am glad that Steve is back (or nearly here). I have missed his companionship. Pictures of china to come....

Oh and we are bidding on a house, yes, Jeanine, that is right. We aren't really "in the market", we have some "ends to tie up", blah blah blah, but because we are youthful and adventurous, and possibly faithful, we are going to do it...if they accept the offer, that is. :)

5 comments:

Lacey said...

Mandy, I am so excited for your family. You are more independent than you think, or probably like to be at times, and you have your life in order. To you, it may not seem that way, but it does to me. You SHOULD get a house if you want to. What's the worse that could happen? Foreclosure, right? But it's not like either you or Steve would ever stay somewhere unaffordable or horribly expensive! Have some faith in yourself! I'm sooo glad that saying goodbye to your mom didn't scar Zac. You have the cutest kids! Good luck with the bidding and thanks for keeping us up to date!

Mandy said...

well, we made an offer tonight, we'll see what they counter...

Jeanine said...

YEAH, I am excited for you. It will work out how it is supposed too. Nick and I weren't really 'in the market' and made an offer on a house as well. Luckily for us at this point, they didn't take that offer. When our offer wasn't accepted though (there were multiple) I was very sad and felt like it was our only option and life was over. I think that it just works when it is supposed to work out. So either way I think it will be what is supposed to happen. I am excited to see what happens. If you get it that would be great and if not there will be more to come. Keep us posted!

Cansas said...

Aren't mom's great. I am sad, especially lately, that Gavin won't live close to his grandparents. But we do what we can right!! Thank heavens for phone calls, letter, emails and vacations. Congrats on the house. It's stressful, but it always works out.

Mandy said...

Jeanine and Cansas- thanks...you're awesome.

Dad comes to Utah!

Day 2 Day 3