Monday, March 10, 2008

Blogging

What is a blog without a picture anyway- just a thought I suppose. Here is something on my mind...last night I read an article from a magazine called Wondertime.
Jenna kept saying, "what is it? Let me see. What are you laughing at?" It was an article about us bloggers. It talked about how women all over the country spend their days with their kids and cleaning and cooking and running and working and this and that, and then after the kids are finally in bed, they get on the computer and tell about their days with their kids and cleaning and cooking and running and working and this and that. How we make a post and anxiously check back for a comment, not because we are desperate, but because we love the validation- that we aren't alone in this journey of life and it's follies and joys. We love the community and connection of the blogspot with others. I thought it was so darn true! I find myself after working 13 hours, up another 4 getting things squared away for bed, that I fire up the blog and make time to look at the blog and my friends' blogs, even though my back aches and I have to get up again at 4:45am. That may be an addiction, no? Though I admit that I could pull back on the reigns some, I am over all very grateful for the blogspot. It has proven to be therapeutic- my time, my project.

13 comments:

Lacey said...

Yup. All I need is to hear other women have the same fears, joys, frustrations and so forth. It is therapeutic! And, sometimes the only thing I have in the day that is MINE.

Cansas said...

That is so true. By the way, you are such an eloquent writer. I've been meaning to get back with you...we are going to St. George on Friday the 21st and coming back on the 24th. We haven't decided if we are leaving early Friday morning or late that night. If we leave in the morning maybe we could get together for dinner?? What are yours and Steve's schedules like?

Regina said...

No need to pull back on the reins. It's a great thing. You don't seemed to be obsessed with it and these post are very nice for those who care about you and love you. We check your blog for updates everyday.

Regina said...

We love the validation too. It gives us reassurance. Dad

lcdiaz said...

I love blogging. Keep it up cuz i look at your blog a couple of times a day. It's such a great thing.

Jeanine said...

I love this post! It is so true. I told Nick that blogging (now becoming a verb in the dictionary) is a housewife's sanity and social life. He laughs at me, but YET he always says that he checks the blog to see whats going on in our lives! I think thats funny! I always start to tell him something and he smirks and says, 'I know I read their blog!' I laugh even harder when I know how he had to get to that blog- like going from one blog to another! Anyway. I just loved this post because I think it is so true.

Mandy said...

Cansas, If you leave Friday morning for St George, we may be able to get together that evening for dinner. I work a half-day that day, and Steve can be home in the evening. If it's easier you could just swing in here and say hi, we just live off of the freeway a bit, or on your way back home if you wanted to just pop in and let Gavin play for a little while before the long drive..that's great too. If it doesn't work out that is OK too, we'll see you soon.

The Damron's said...

Hey Mandy,
Its Becca I saw you at the Park, just thought I would say hi and hopefully soon we get to work together. By the way you have an adorable family.

Mandy said...

Oh good Becca, I am glad you found me...how fun. Thanks for saying hey at the park. Yeah, I got canceled today from SDS...

Mandy said...

Dad and Regina, Thanks again for your comments. I feel more connected to you this way. I appreciate you taking the time to leave notes for the kids too. You are good to us. And yes, I think that Steve is getting the tickets today to fly home on June 3-10th, that will be great to see everyone.

Mandy said...

Jeanine, I wish you could see that article. I think that you would love it!
Oh and it's funny about the men how they laugh at us, but they check it daily too!

You feeling ok? You are always in positive spirits!

Brandon and Natalie said...

That is so true! I am so addicted to blogging. By the way, I think you are a great blogger.

Trezberley said...

It is totally true!! I love it.

Dad comes to Utah!

Day 2 Day 3