Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Little Houses

This past Sunday, Lissa and Christian came down to see us for the night and Scot and Julene (Steve's parents) and Brandon came over to visit from Blanding for a couple of days. At about 9:30pm-ish, I said good night to the crew that was scattered about in our living room, there was Lissa and Christian, little Christian, Scot, Julene, Jenna (still going strong), Brandon and Steve in the living room watching Rush Hour 3. They were smiling and talking, some laughing and catching-up.... it was just a good feeling to have them here. I am glad that they would come to our house and the lack of space wasn't a major deterrent. Somewhere in my brain, the song "Little Houses" emerged. This song is a country song by Doug Stone from the early 90's. I remember that my mom loved this song and bought the single on cassette of course, and would listen to it in her car as we drove places. Because she liked it, I too grew fond of it. Still when I hear it, good feelings come to my heart, and memories flood my mind of back home, in the summer, in the house I grew up in, with the family that I love. The chorus goes like this....
"Love grows best in little houses, few walls to separate, you can sleep so close together you can't help but communicate, oh and if there was more room between us....think of all we'd miss. Love grows best in houses just like this."

I can also make up a jingle to the same tune about how the song might go if the stay of the 10 of us in this little apartment was too long.

There is no real point or moral to this post, just that it was a good weekend with family.
The kids really enjoyed Grandma and Grandad and Brandon. I know they had fun and were sad to see them go this morning...isn't that the way it should be?- excited to have them come, sad to see them go, anxious to see them again, and until then, smile over the fun had by all.

2 comments:

Brandon and Natalie said...

How fun to have them come and visit. It sounds like you all had a great time.

Cansas said...

I wish we could have come to visit you guys this weekend. It always seems like we're in a hurry to get where we're going. I hope we see eachother sometime this summer in Blanding.

Dad comes to Utah!

Day 2 Day 3