Sunday, March 30, 2008

More fun with Ma











I dread when mom goes...little Zac has such a special bond with her. I swear it breaks my heart. He lays with her at night...he traces her face, pats her and says "I love you Ma", then rolls over only to roll back in a minute to do it all again...like he's checking to see if she is still there. I know he will be heartsick when she goes. And that just really makes a lump grow in my throat. It's hard to see him missing her and looking for her. I am glad that he loves his Ma and that they have a special relationship that grew when he was just a wee thing. It was probably those evening when she'd rock him... few spoken words, just humming, rocking, and a lot of love. When she'd come over, she was always a hug and a smile with attention for just him and Jenna. He felt her love and loves it back. We will all miss her, but are thankful for the web cam, phones and airplanes!
Anyway, be thinking of us Tuesday when she heads back to Indiana.

But before we are sad, there is fun being had (look, I am Dr Seuss).
Mom is already through Twilight and onto New Moon, we went to St George to an awesome community park on Saturday- the weather was awesome!- and have been having fun with playdough and crafts at the apartment. Here are some pix.

5 comments:

Lacey said...

Your mom is such a sweetie! I am happy you two are able to see each other, and her see the kids. And you look good in that spring hair do! It's all blond and sleek, I like it! I tried play dough with Coleman, but ended up playing by myself because he kept trying to eat it. I should have known, he doesn't even know how to talk yet and I'm trying to have him build shaped from dough.

Marci said...

I'm so glad you are having fun with your mom. Mom's are the best. I love it when mine comes to visit. That bond between your mom and zac is so sweet. And what a fun park you went to. I miss that area so much. I would love to come back!

Brandon and Natalie said...

It sounds like you are having a great time with your mom. What cute pictures! It looks like the kids love her so much. How wonderful that Zac has a special bond with your mom. So cute!

The Damron's said...

It looks like you had so much fun, you will have to tell me where that park is because I think we might go down next week sometime. I"m sad that I havent gotten to work with you yet,and guess what if you want my job you can have it. We are moving to Richfield at the end of the month. You will have to talk to Marilyn, but I am just doing one day a week and its great. Let me know if you want it, or what your plans are and I will put in a good word for you.

Anonymous said...

This looks like a blast! Lots of fun activities to go and do with the kids. Have you ever looked into bounce house rentals in Utah? Cheap and easy way to keep the kids busy all day long. :)

Dad comes to Utah!

Day 2 Day 3