Monday, April 14, 2008

Acceptance


So last Friday night, the 4th, Steve and I wrote up our first official offer on a home in Enoch. We heard monday that they were unwilling to negotiate the asking price, and so we moved on- although we did like the size of the home and the lot. We were disappointed and appreciate the encouragement via blog and phone from family and friends " 'if this house doesn't work out, then it wasn't meant to be...' "
Well on Wednesday night the Bravada wouldn't start. I was off on Thursday and Friday so it wasn't imperative that we address that- being that it is the end of tax season,-so I was stranded at home for a couple of days. On Friday night, after Steve got home, we went for a ride to get out of the house and looked at homes again- it has become a past time. We looked in Enoch again. (For our folk back home, Enoch is less than the distance from Madison to Hanover, but the same idea).
After the kids went to bed, I got on ERA.com and looked at homes in our range again, and looked at some homes that are close to where we currently live. There were 3 that were affordable, the pictures in the MLS looked good, and they met our criteria (affordable, fenced backyard and big enough). So that night I dreamt about a house on that road. I was supposed to work that next day, but was put on call, and so I called our Realtor and told him I had some more MLS numbers that we'd like to see...he said that he had an opening at 1:30pm and that he would make some arrangements. To make a long story a little less long, we saw this home last and loved it. It is such a good fit. We made an offer that night (thank you Christian for being such an exceptional Broker from Castle Rock in Orem!), and we found out today at 10am that they accepted our offer! We are so excited and things have worked out so well. It is 0.2 mile from the school that Jenna is already registered at for kindergarten, and it is 0.2 mile from Zac's daycare that he loves. We don't need to do much to it, aside from clean the carpets- it even has a fridge and gas range that stay! Pending all the stuff for closing goes well, we will be "like real grown ups" as my friend Tiff said today. We mostly feel happy, like the Lord is mindful of us and knows the desires of our hearts. Yea!
If it falls thru- we are getting our teeth whitened, and are going to Milt's (nicest restaurant in Cedar) to cry on our steak and shrimp.

By the way, no worries, a new battery and voila, the Bravada is cruisin' again!

12 comments:

Alison said...

THis is Alison, I am glad you found me. Yeah, there are a lot of us...that happens when they come in THREES. Take my word for it!!! I'll be checking back often.

lcdiaz said...

Im so excited for you guys!! That is sweet!! Im so glad that things worked out so well. See you tomorrow! :)

Cori Carpenter said...

Congrats! That is big news and is way exciting...the house looks great!! Thanks for the Potty training tip!!

Jeanine said...

YEAH!! I am so excited. That is a cute home! I have seen them all! I search the MLS regularly and that one just dropped in price, it is a great little home. I am so excited for you guys! And it is a great area. There were actually two right there that I really liked and had watched for awhile, but with Nick working at CHS we had to stay on the south side of town. (had because Nick INSISTS that we will live in CHS boundaries because he is not a trader or a CVHS fan- you think that you would grow out of that huh?!) Even though we are building I still watch all the houses and the market on the comparative homes. I am so excited for you guys. It will work out. CONGRATS!

Regina said...

Congratulations! Nice looking home guys. It looks like you. Can't wait to see/hear more of it. We are excited for you. The rocks and trees in the front yard are cool-especially the blue spruce
(right??)

The Damron's said...

Hey Mandy,
Congrats, that is so exciting. Actaully Tyson Kyhl the guy you bought the home from is my husbands boss, until we move to Richfiled. He is a very nice guy and another bonus, my sister (Nicole Sanders) lives in the caulda sack(no idea how to spell that) just across the street! i think we are all set and dont need help moving, but if you need help and we are still around just let me know and I would be more then happy to help.

Cansas said...

That's so great! We are happy for you guys. It's nice to find a home that will work for your family. We saw a lot of crazy houses before we found the one for us. I wish we lived closer so we could help with the packing.

Lacey said...

WOOOHOOO! I'm soooo excited for you guys! The house is so dang cute! It sounds like it will work well with schools, work, etc... You will absolutely love your OWN place. Chris and I dream of that day!

Brandon and Natalie said...

I am so excited for you guys. How great to own your own house. It looks like a very nice house. I bet your kids will love the yard.

Tiffney said...

Congrats on the house! I am so excited for you. Do you know when you are moving in yet? I love your blog!

Jamie said...

Oh my gosh! My friend owns/used to own this house...Abbey! What a small world... It is a super cute house...been there many times, so congratulations! Im so excited for you. Im sure you'll love it. We still need to do our play date sometime. Talk to you later.

Mandy said...

Becca and Jamie, What a small world that you know them (the sellers)! I met her today- she was way nice!

Dad comes to Utah!

Day 2 Day 3