Saturday, February 28, 2009

Baby Trevor





Trevor Scot came Monday night at 7:30 pm. He was 7 lbs and 9 oz. He was 20 inches long. Everything went really "smooth". (A blessing that Steve gave me came to fruition.) Thanks to my friend Angie, my mom, a great husband and partner, a good nurse and an epidural for the delivery! (That was so amazing, by the way!)
I started having contractions at 2 am that felt different than the ones I had been having the past couple of weeks, they weren't getting any closer but they didn't go away with stuff that I would try. We didn't want to risk anything either because I went fast with Zac. Angie took care of Zac, we dropped Jenna off at school, called mom to come back to Lexington, and showed at the hospital at 8 am. Anyway Steve, mom and I played Rumee, jolly rancher poker, and the name game while we waited for progress, then they broke my water at 2:30pm, started pitocin at 4:30, got my epidural in and flowing at about 7pm and had him at 7:30pm on the dot. It was a wonderful experience. All three kids have been so different in their arrival, all great though. Thanks to my husband. I love him more when we experience labor together. Every time it has strengthened my love and gratitude for him. It strengthens my testimony that we were meant for each other.

The kids were so sweet when they met Trevor for the first time and just love their little brother. As soon as we handed the baby to Jenna she started rocking like a little mommy. Zac was so sweet to him and gentle. You could see the love on Zac's face when he looked at him for the first time. He has asked in wonderment about 4 times now how he got out. And even though I was all about being up front with him on things earlier in life (when I was matter of fact and taught him his private part was called a penis, I have come to regret that!) and have no intentions of answering him. I just shrug and smile.

Mom took the kids to Madison Tues-Sat morning. That was so nice for me and the baby to bond and just be the 2 of us (Steve did take Weds off). I cuddled him and smelled him and enjoyed being his mom with little other distraction. What a blessing to have Jenna and Zac be with their Ma and other family. Thanks to everyone.

Yesterday I listened to a message from my friend who said, "enjoy this time". I am not sure if it's because I know the tone of her voice or what exactly but it hit my heart. I am enjoying this little baby that is so fresh from heaven, that smells so good, so little and beautiful, and small for such a short time.

Thanks again for all the texts and calls and meals. Now feel free to offer prayers because the kids came back tonight and "oh boy!" :)

By the way, we named Trevor after a dear friend of ours in Utah, Trevor Lewis. He (and his wife) is a great example of faith, generosity and joy. He is a great dad, an outdoors-man, inventive, and is very driven. Steve misses him. Scot is Steve's dad's name. Of course we love Scot and are happy to have our son carry his name. Scot too is a great man that little Trevor can emulate.

19 comments:

Lisa S. said...

He is super cute. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

What a gift from God! We are so glad to have met your wonderful family , and we look forward to seeing little Trevor grow up into another wonderful little Christensen like Zac and Jenna :) Always here to help in any way! xo-The Aschenbrenners

lcdiaz said...

Glad to see you got a new cord for the computer :) Trevor is so cute and I can already see that he is such a special, sweet baby fresh from heaven. I CAN'T even wait to come and hold him and snuggle him! Glad everything went smooth and it was another great experience. Love you guys!!!

Brandon and Natalie said...

I have been blog stalking you waiting anxiously for the story and the pictures!! He is so cute! I am so glad that everything went well with the delivery. I love his name!

Whitney said...

Trevor is gorgeous! Congratulations to you all! We hope to meet him someday soon! love, Whitney, Todd & Flynn

Tiffney said...

He is beautiful! I am so glad to see his picture. It was fun to read about your Trevor's birth and I'm with you, on letting Zac find out all of the "details" when he is a little older. Aren't husbands great, I loved what you wrote about Steve. I think that special bond you feel as parents and husband and wife during delivery is part of the reason I had all my babies so close----NOT! but it is so sweet! Our prayers are with you! I hope we will be able to talk again sometime in the next 20 years.....:-)!

Cansas said...

I've been thinking about you. I'm so glad things went well. What a blessing! He's so cute!

{Amanda G} said...

Congrats on your new little one! You all make beautiful children! You are such a sweet mother and wife. Seeing your new little guy makes it even clearer to me that it is time for us to have another one! I know you are probably trying to get used to your new life, but if you have a second could you send me your address on facebook? I have a little something for the baby. Take care!!

Skyler and Katie said...

Congrats Mandy. He is so beautiful. I'm so excited for you.

Jeanine said...

Yeah, he is adorable! I am so glad things went smooth. You will be a great mom to three!

What a life!! said...

Congrats Mandy!!! The only thing that could have gone better if it all took place in Cedar City. Then again I am sure your mother would not have appreciated that long drive!! He's a cutie..

Meredith said...

Congrats! We are all so excited for you. They grow to fast. In just 2 months I miss my tiny baby. Enjoy yours! We hope you are all well. Nora says hi to Jenna.

Lacey said...

So excited for little Trevor to be in your family! I am also glad that labor and delivery went well, and yeah, what a switch from your last two deliveries. It goes to show ya that each child birth is different, right? I miss you and I wish I could be there to help you out around your house and hold your little one. Say hi to your family. Love you!

The Damron's said...

Congratulations,
He is a beautiful!

Catrina said...

Congrats Mandy! I am so happy for you! He is a very beautiful addition to your family! You did good!!!

Marci said...

Hurray!! Congratulations! He is such a sweetie. You are so right about enjoying every ounce of him that you can because they are small for only a short time. It is a little sad, especially when I look at my little Launa, who is only 1 month old, but is growing right before my eyes. There is nothing sweeter than a tiny newborn to hold and cuddle-so I would say the same--Enjoy this time! I hope you are getting along good, and that Trevor is being nice too!

Jamie said...

Congratulations!!!! He is adorable! How exciting to have a new little one in the home. I hope that everything continues to go well.

Ashley said...

Congrats!! He's so adorable!!!

The P*dunc's said...

Pardon me, I have been a bit out of touch. How horrible that I live so close and I have not known! I am sorry! Maybe we can bring something over to you today or tomorrow. Congratulations! He is so beautiful! I am glad to hear that everything went okay! That was so nice to have your mom take the kids home with her!

Dad comes to Utah!

Day 2 Day 3