Monday, February 9, 2009

Fancy at the Opera House


Jenna was lucky enough to go to the Opera House for a field trip last Friday. She was so excited! She said, "the lights were beautiful, the ceiling was beautiful, the floor was even beautiful." She also talked about the fancy outfits the dancers wore. Below is a description of the performance. She had fun dressing up and feeling quite fancy and special. She was even able to ride the bus to such a great place in downtown Lexington!



"Lexington Opera House
Celebrate the art of dance! You won’t want to miss a step as these talented students, ages 9-18, demonstrate the styles and techniques of ballet, tap, jazz and modern dance as well as traditional dances from cultures around the world. Each performance is masterfully choreographed and accentuated with creative costuming and artistic lighting effects. There is no doubt, “SCAPA Can Dance!"

This is before school Friday...

8 comments:

Brandon and Natalie said...

It looks like she was so excited to go. I am sure that she had a great time. I love how cute Zac looks in the picture next to her.

Angie said...

your kids are adorable! I hope you are doing well the last little bit of your pregnancy. Can't wait to see pictures of the little one!

Jeanine said...

Love the picture of Zac on the Wii. How great that Jenna got to go to the Opera house. Isn't that one great thing about not living in small town Utah, your kids get so many more opportunities not available to us here. I love it. I love that she is involoved and it looks like both of them are adjusting great!

lcdiaz said...

Thats cool that Jenna got to go to the Opera House! What a fun field trip! They look so cute! I hope Jeff draws my name this year for Christmas :) I love the pics of Zac on the wii. what a Christensen :)

♥Mrs L ♥ said...

hey mandy,

not sure how to market on facebook....

hey what's your mailing address?? I'd love to add you to my mailing list of friends and family to send cards too! :)

♥Mrs L ♥ said...

actually just email it to me.

azchick_77@hotmail.com

Alison said...

mandy, There are tons of links for more hair from that one you saw on my blog.

Alison said...

Hey, I don't know if this is the proper way to answer questions...I think the biscuits I used were some canned buttermilk. I cut them in half length wise. I never know what I grab. I am glad you liked it. My grandma use to make that for us all the time.

Dad comes to Utah!

Day 2 Day 3