Friday, January 23, 2009

Things today.

The weather has been nice here, no Henderson, NV (that was for you Tiff, I miss you), but nicer than it has been. High 40's/Low 50's! Yesterday we went to a big park that had a "dog park" it was probably 3 acres fenced-in for dogs to run. It was nice for Sunny. In fact, she thinks that we are best friends now. She keeps following me around. I think that she is wanting to go back. There were probably between 7 and 10 dogs there. She had a blast and was a good dog. We met our friends there with their Lab. I didn't get any pictures, darn it. That was fun though. The kids enjoyed the fresh air, their friends, and went to bed early.
I am feeling good today. "The sun is shining, the tank is clean" (Finding Nemo) and Zac is asleep! We plan to see my family this weekend. That will be nice. We are going to "Hotel for Dogs" with the cousins tomorrow. This is the last hoo-rah before mandatory Saturdays for tax season.
I met Steve's cousin, Kristen, that was great. We are so blessed to have been able to make friends and meet people. Thank you for coming by, Kristen with cute little Ellie who seems to not mind Zac as she has a 3 year old brother too.
Things are good here. I drank water the last 2 days- no pop! I doubt that the caffeine has made this baby small for gestational age, but I was feeling kinda bad, so I abstained for a couple of days. I am now enjoying a Diet Pepsi and typing on the blog- Both things that bring me happiness. Zac is asleep too! Went right to sleep with a little back rub.
I am reading "The Host" by Stephanie Meyer. Has anyone read it? I have trouble sleeping at night when I read it before bed. It is very thought provoking for me, makes me dream weirdness. I am only on page 130. I was wondering what everyone else thought.

4 comments:

Skyler and Katie said...

I love those comments that your kids said, they are so funny. I love hearing the funny things kids say. you made it farther than I ever did on that book, it was way too weird for me and I stopped after the first chapter.

Lacey said...

I am glad you are making friends easy. Not like it's hard to be your friend...you know what I mean. Anyway, it's just nice to know what no matter where you go, there are pleasant people who need friends too. As you know, the last school we're banking on is NY so if we move, it will be a whole new world with new friends and not a relative, or distant relative in sight! AGH! So, it makes me feel positive that IF we do got there, it.will.be.ok. I started reading the Host. She is a little more jumpy in her writing in this book. I think I got as far as you, and I haven't read in a few months. I need to get back into it because it was okay..not my favorite so far, but still okay. What do you think about it, beside being thought provoking? Has it gotten better the further you've read? I heard it gets better and better...

Sidney said...

The Host was OK. By chapter 9, I felt like I'd read everything on the front inside cover and then there was still 500 more pages that for me, went on and on and on and on. I can't say it was my favorite book...

lcdiaz said...

I'm glad that things are working out so good! I've never read The Host so can't help you out there :) Cant wait to see you in a couple months!!! YEA!!

Dad comes to Utah!

Day 2 Day 3