Monday, January 5, 2009

Kindergarten...Again

Today Jenna started back to kindergarten. I worried about it...no surprise of course. Last night I put her to bed at 8ish, at 11:30, she was still awake, thinking... I laid with her a while and rubbed her back and let her talk. She was so excited about her new school. Especially the cafeteria and new kids, she said. She wanted to know about the teacher, and if I could go in with her because she wasn't sure what to do and where to go, also "I am not shy with you" she said. She was a little upset though because , "I can't count very high." So sweet. At 3:30 Zac woke up as per usual (one time is a huge improvement). I was rubbing his back and heard Jenna softly say, "mommy" in a not so groggy voice. She was still having a hard time sleeping! "Is it ever going to be morning?" I was worried that she would be an emotional, irritable wreck this morning and through the long day, but she was excited when I woke her up, even though it was still dark out and she was confused that no one would be there. It was a smooth morning.



She was assigned to an alternate school because hers was full. Thankfully Steve doesn't start work until this Wednesday so he was able to keep Zac while I got things squared away. There were actually a few families that had moved over the holidays, so the office was busy with the new students. even with their business, the people were so nice. I couldn't have asked for a better situation. I loved Jenna's teacher! Come to find out, she is the most commonly requested kindergarten teacher. No wonder. I told her that Jenna had been doing 1/2 days in Utah, and the obvious stress of a move, new house and baby coming were all big for her. She said "we are just gonna love her!". That is exactly what I wanted to hear, of all things, that was it! Steve and I feel so blessed that she had such an awesome day. When I picked her up, she was so happy. And again the people were so genuine and nice. The people here make me want to be better. Anyway, without much prompting she talked the whole way home about her day. She said. "I want to go everyday and I want to live here forever!" What a relief!
Steve and I are so happy about the ward, the people have been so friendly. In fact there is a mom in the ward whose kids go to Jenna's school, and she has been so helpful, she called twice to see how the day went. We are so please too with the school and that situation there. I am so glad that she has a teacher and aide that will love her and communicate to me what she needs the most help with. We feel very blessed and watched over.

By the way the soup at school was delicious and Jenna drank chocolate milk for her bones. The cafeteria was all that she had imagined!

4 comments:

CrazyDeceptecon said...

YEA!!! I'm so glad that things went so smooth and that Jenna loved it! It sounds like it's going to be GREAT!!! Jenna will do awesome in school......She's easy to love so I'm glad that the teacher is so eager to love her too! I love delicious soup and chocolate milk for my bones too :)

Jeanine said...

YEAH! I am so glad that things are settling in and looking good. I was about in tears listening to how great they are treating Jenna and all of you. What a sweet lady in the church!

Skyler and Katie said...

I'm glad everything is working out so well for you and your family. It sounds like you are really going to like it there, I'm so happy for you.

Lacey said...

Jenna is such a sweet heart. I can imagine her anxiety. What a blessing that she was so willing to try her new school without being too shy or scared! She's brave! I love her worry about not being able to count very high! Kids make me laugh a few tears out! Now, the ward on the other hand, that is a HUGE comfort when it's a good ward with amazing people. It makes all the difference. It's kind of nice to know that no matter where our families end up, we know that we will be among saints, ya know?

Dad comes to Utah!

Day 2 Day 3