Monday, January 26, 2009

The Doctor

Today school is canceled. Jenna and Zac are both here with me. Jenna has been wanting to play with some musical instrument toys that I haven't unpacked from a Tupperware tote in the garage. There were some long lost toys in there from before our move even to Utah a year ago. They haven't seen these toys in about 14 months. It was like Christmas. Anyway there was a doctors set in there.
Jenna came into the kitchen where I was doing the dishes and took my hand telling me that I needed to see the doctor. I read an article last night about taking your time and doing stuff with your kids, sending them a message that they are important, so I agreed and had an appointment with her. She took my temperature, my BP, looked in my ears and checked my reflexes and then said that I wasn't sick! I was just going to have a baby. I was curious how she thought that that was going to happen when she told me it was going to happen right now!
She said "you need to lay down, and you need 7 shots", and so she gave them to me in my belly. She pushed on my belly twice and Tada! A baby!
Gosh wasn't that easy!?

Anyway, I thought that Jenna's way sounded great! And was cute how she thought it would work. There is no need for education on the topic at this point. The poor dear is having enough trouble with sounding out words.

Loved this cartoon. If I didn't have heartburn, among other things, then I would like to wait a bit longer too.


5 comments:

lcdiaz said...

I think Dr. Jenna's way to have a baby would be SWEET!! She is so cute and so fun! I can't wait to see all of you soon. I LOVE the cartoon......still is making me laugh!

Alice said...

Mandy, I love reading about what you and your family do. Since I don't get to see yoy often, this is the next best thing. So it sounds like we are going to have a Doctor in the family. Hope to see you soon. Love, Aunt Alice

Tiffney said...

That is so cute. She is such a smart little girl with a beautiful imagination. You are doing such a wonderful job. I probably would have missed that opportunity. Thanks for the reminder, I need to stop and play with my kids more.

Mandy said...

Aunt Alice, Thanks for stopping by the blog! Hope that you are all well. Next time we are in Madison, we'll come by the store and say hi. #3 maybe here by then!

Brandon and Natalie said...

Too cute! How fun to spend a little time with you. Too bad it wouldn't be that easy to have a baby.

Also, it sounds like you had a great day on Friday. I really enjoyed the Host the farther it got along.

Much love in Memphis!

Dad comes to Utah!

Day 2 Day 3