Monday, December 19, 2011

Steve's 33rd

I received a small and unexpected bonus at work the day before Steve's birthday. I immediately thought that I would buy him the PS3 that he has been waiting for over a year. I was so excited that I spilled the beans. Then I proceeded with anxiety about spending the money on that, and not something else more practical...blah blah blah. I finally took a deep breath, loaded up the kids and headed to Best Buy. The kids were so excited and knew daddy would love it. The kids were even pretty good in the store, which is a good omen.
After that, I still didn't have a cake yet, and Steve would be home soon. Our beaters broke, so I would need to get beaters and a cake mix. Alas, my friend had an idea to get a dozen donuts and make a cake out of them. So with a few candles poked in the donuts, there it was-a KrsipyKreme cake.
He did like his toy and his cake. Thanks to Lissa, we went child-less to the Texas Roadhouse and ate a great dinner. Steve even sat in the birthday saddle for the Birthday YeeHaw. Yes, you read right. He was not a stick in the mud. We had a nice dinner and enjoyed each others company.
I love you, babe. Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Dad comes to Utah!

Day 2 Day 3