Monday, December 19, 2011

"My Earlies"

To give him credit, he is not calling his ears his "earlies" much anymore, but for a while that is just what Trev called his ears. I am not sure why.
The other night Trev was in his room for bed, not sleeping and entertaining himself. He called out "help!" Steve opened his door and he was just standing there, he walked into the kitchen and said, "cause I need milk". OK, I took his cup, but looked twice at him because he had big wads of paper packed in his ears. I took them out and noted they where from a book that he must have scavenged from under his bed, ripped it and placed little pieces in his ear. In fact, little enough and far enough in there, that we couldn't get it out with noble attempts.
 Let me back up and tell you that Trev has been weird with books. He went through a phase when he would chew the edge off a book and shove it up his nose, the wad would be expelled with a  hardy sneeze or tweezers. Other times, he just went ahead and ate the book. Many of our board books are mangled from him. Hence the reason that he must have "scavenged" this book, because if he is bored, I know the books will suffer. So he doesn't have any in his room anymore.
 Our ped clinic has after-hours, so I took him in. He was so excited to go in. He must have talked a mile a minute in the van. Jenna came too. She said, " Do you think that he is talking loud because he can't hear?" That was funny. Maybe he was extra loud, and he surely was excited,
 The MA said to him, "did you put paper in your ear?" He said, "no, it's trash!"
 The doc got it out. Trev left the office with a heavy head and slumped shoulders. The ear digging wasn't that fun. Do I think he learned his lesson? Probably not.
 Oh Trev!

No comments:

Dad comes to Utah!

Day 2 Day 3