Monday, December 19, 2011

FastKarts Go Karts

Back in May I won a totally free GoKart FastKart party package for 8 people! That was pretty amazing that I won through DBG on facebook.
 The party, including 40 laps, would expire at the end of the year. So I booked the party for the weekend after Steve's birthday.
Steve and I, Lissa and Christian, Kevin and Anna, and Anna's brother came. Jeff had to work (boo).
When we first got there, it was a little intimidating since my experience with go karts, I am pretty sure, is none. But once I watched for a while, I got excited. We signed waivers and chose a racing name, mine was Go Mama Go. Then we watched a video on GoKart rules and etiquette. We then put on our complimentary head sock (see picture of us looking like a group of jovial bank robbers), and our helmet and gloves. We look like real professionals!
The first 5 laps are the qualifiers to determine your pole place/starting place in the 15 lap heat. I was the first one out of the pit in the first race.  I hooped and hollered and frankly thought that I was kiilin' it, but both times I finished sixth. I was a bit reckless and despite a loss, it was not bitter.
 The first heat, we raced as a group with 2 strangers, the second heat it was just our group which was super fun.
 The highlights for me were going fast, sliding around corners, crashing into Kevin and just generally feeling a little wild and letting loose. It was so nice to not worry about the kids and to be a kid myself.






The Destroyer, Bionic, Captain Bob, Crazy Bull, The Vizz, Go Mama Go, and Anna
1st Destroyer, 2nd Bionic and 3rd Captain Bob

 I am certain that everyone had a great time. I knew the 2nd heat that I was behind, so I pulled out the camera to record some sweet footage. Makes me smile!

No comments:

Dad comes to Utah!

Day 2 Day 3