Sunday, June 6, 2010

Suprise party






Not last weds, but the Weds before last, I was headed around the corner in the direction of the break room and Katie said "where you going?". That was the first clue. Then I saw Kim and Tiff, who had worked all day and were now back on the unit a few hours later...that was when I knew something was up. They had put a pot luck together and had gifts for me as a going away party and baby shower. How nice are they!? I cried and felt so loved!
I was talking to Steve about the friends that I have made at work. How is it possible that one can make such good friends in a years time? I think it's because the nature of work. There is no opportunity to work isolated on a labor and delivery unit, it's such a team effort when someone rolls in complete and delivery is eminent. Many hands are needed, or you wouldn't come back your next shift! You have to depend on others to keep an eye out when you are pushing with one patient and your other patient calls out. There is a lot of give and take. Also the business of having babies is inherently intimate and provokes emotion...it's a miracle afterall! Also, we are women helping women and there is something great and powerful about that.
Anyway, I love my friends there. They are awesome. So many laughs and tears and sweat to remember at CBH. Thank you to my buds! I am bummed that I don't have a picture of everyone. Maggie was pushing and Amy was crazy...it was a crazy night. Thanks for taking time for me! Love these friends! It was so hard to say goodbye in my last night.


No comments:

Dad comes to Utah!

Day 2 Day 3