Thursday, September 3, 2009

Well Visits





On Tuesday, Trevor and Zac both had well visits at the doctor. They both got their immunizations. I hate the shots for the bigger kids. It, oddly enough, seems more cruel as they get older. I remember Jenna getting hers before Kindergarten and now Zac getting his this year, it's awful. But he was a trooper and didn't cry even though the last one I could tell that he'd had enough. (On a side note, Steve and I were watching a show on Food network about other cultures and food, anyway, the boys and girls go through painful things as children and learn not to cry, because it shames their family to have crying. Hmmm, we would stand out there.) Focusing back on what I was saying...oh yes, the immunizations were necessary and now Zac is done until he is 11. Too bad for Trevy, he gets more in a few months.
All was well at the visit. She informed me that it appeared that Trevor "is going to keep you very busy...". Yes, this is no surprise to me. Although he has been an excellent baby, he will not be an observer as he develops. The doctor also looked to Zac and said, "it must be hereditary." I like her so much and this did not offend me. Zac has tagged along to all of Trevor's visits plus one of his own, and she knows him. It's no secret that Zac has a lot of energy in that small room. Back to her comment on Trevor...I suppose it's because every time she went to assess Trevor he would flip to his belly and try to get away. Then once flipped back to his back, he would feel something, ahh yes the paper that covers the table, looks tasty...oh then the stethoscope that looks entertaining. Oooo, a tongue depressor! I had to hold him for the assessment instead of watch the doctor wrestle him. Anyway, all things are a "go" and he is having no troubles with his milestones. The easy days, I have been telling Steve, are over. We now have a very mobile baby who can army crawl and roll with the best of them. Baby proofing the house again. It's been a little while.
He was 18 lbs and 11 oz at 6 months. 70% for weight and head. 90% for length. The runt of the family. haha. Zac and Jenna were always very big. They couldn't even plot Zac at some point for height and weight. They made a dot floating in the outerspace of the graph paper. Zac was just telling me the other day that one day he will be big like me, and I told him, "honey, you are going to be bigger than me!" This blew his mind. I love Steve's genes.

Zac is 90th%ile for height and weight. Doing well too. He likes the doctor quite a bit. I am glad to have the choice where to take my kids. I like this small practice with little waiting and good care. They know us, and that is important to me.

Anyway, enjoy the video and pictures.


4 comments:

lcdiaz said...

It was so good to talk to you yesterday! So I gotta say that I think Trevy will be full on crawling by next week for sure!(You're toast :)) He is SOOO CUTE! I could not stop smiling :) I'm glad the boys are big and growing good. They are too cute!

Meredith said...

That is how Nolan was crawling until a month ago. I love the flopping on the belly so cute. Just watch out, I took something from Nolan and sat it on the couch and sure enough he crawled over and pull himself up. It just seems to get so busy with these little boys. What a cute baby he is! Nora says hi to Jenna.

Dan and Alli Ralphs said...

Oh your kids are adorable!! I love all the pictures and it seems like you are all doing so well!! Hey I wanted to let you know that we took our blog private, but I wanted to send you an invite. Email me at allisonralphs(at)gmail(dot)com

ma said...

Aunt Mandy I especially like the picture of Trevor Looking at Sunny , he justs gets cuter and cuter every day. I can't wait to see you. love Mason

Dad comes to Utah!

Day 2 Day 3