Monday, December 8, 2008

Vicarious nausea

We are coming close to a decision for where to live next week! I can't get one place to call me back, and the other looks pretty good. It is so hard not seeing the places myself. We plan on a 6 month lease, enough time to look around and see where to settle in.
I am mostly sick for Jenna. I was searching for schools nearby the potential homes. 1 is 35 minutes away (almost 45 minutes from where Steve and I will probably work), another is downtown Lexington- I get an ugly picture in my mind, and the other is a public school with strict dress codes. - $$$, she has no khakis right now, I just bought 2 pair of jeans Saturday! And they are all day! She has been doing afternoon only and has been great. She currently loves her teacher and has her little friends at the school that is not even a mile from here. She is shy and withdrawn when she is upset. She is already starting to do that as we say goodbye to people. I worry about her. I pray that my worry is unwarranted and that she does great and loves it! I also hope that she makes friends at church that will help. Thank you, thank you that I can be there for her the first few months and not work. It's late I know and that is probably half of why I am looking at the blurry screen because I want to cry...I just love her and want her to be happy and confident. Gall! I have to re-live the August kindergarten post all over again! Don't worry the logical and faithful part of me sees her smile and laughing and happy, talking about how much she loves school and the kids that sit at her table. I can be positive, and for her sake and mine, she will see me be positive and strong. :)

On a good note, I am pretty sure that we have renters even after our original ones fell through earlier today! Yea!!!!!

9 comments:

Alison said...

OH, I am so sorry for your worry. We moms just want the best for all of our children. I know everything will work out...it all fell in to place for you to get the job!

Mandy said...

You are right, the rest will fall into place as well.

Jeanine said...

Congrats on everything. I know that all the decisions can make things so stressful. If it helps, they have done alot of studies on all day kindergarten and the benefits of it, last night on the news they just had another one about kids scores improving. It is generally for students that are behind, but they like to have kids that are at or above kindergarten level to help improve the students that are lacking in skills. So it may not be a bad thing, she may really like it and find lots of good friends if you choose that route AND less clothes to have to buy because they are in a "uniform" type of setting. I have heard that many kids to better with strict dress codes because they are hardly picked on about what they wear. Anyway, it will work out. You guys have done good!!!

Mandy said...

love you Jeanine! :)

Ashley said...

Hey Mandy,

Your house is so cute!!! I need you go come help me decorate my house. I'm glad you have renters. I'm so happy that Steve found a job. I was secretly hoping that he would take the job in Logan, we have family up there and I would actually love to move up there. Please keep in touch!! Good luck with the move.

lcdiaz said...

Jenna will do great wherever she is! She has you for a mom that has shown her how to be friendly, lovings and a great little girl all the way around! She is super sweet and the kids in Kentucky are lucky to have the chance to get to know her. I'm so sad that you guys are leaving but I know that Kentucky needs you...all of you. Jenna just might be what someone in her school is waiting for. you will all do awesome! LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mandy said...

Lis, you make me cry. Thanks!

Whitney said...

Hey Mandy! I am excited for you that you will be closer to family in Kentucky! Will you please e-mail me an address that I can send a Christmas card and birth announcement to when you get a chance? My email is whitneywelsh@yahoo.com. I will also e-mail you about some of the things we did to prepare for labor. I hope your pregnancy is going well! love, Whitney

{Amanda G} said...

Hey, if you need any help, please let me know! I can at least ask my friends about schools for you. I am very familiar with all areas of Lexington.

Dad comes to Utah!

Day 2 Day 3