Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Lexington

We are in the home in Lexington. Driving from mom's to here was fun (it's 2 hours). I love to see the farms and the look of KY. It's beautiful here too, just a different beautiful than Utah.
Everyone here has been super nice. The house is nice, and the kids are starting to settle in, sort of. Zac is an emotional wreck at bedtimes and a little out of whack in general. We are trying to remind ourselves that this is a change for everyone. All of us are dealing in our own ways, and have our own concerns whether verbalized or not.

We did finally put up a tree last night, after the third try on finding one...most normal people apparently have theirs up! That was fun. Jenna loved it. She was fun, Zac was very zealous about the lights. My friend from high school, Kelly came over too. It is nice to have her here. I am glad to have her here in Lexington. She has been so helpful, and I think that we will really find friendship in each other as her husband works a lot in Med school Residency, and Steve is working the tax season.
We went to church Sunday and really loved the Ward. They were so friendly. We were invited to bowl at as a Ward tomorrow morning but are going pass on account of a lot to do before heading back to mom's to celebrate Christmas there tomorrow evening.
Thanks again for everyone's prayers and well-wishing on our behalf. Much Love to you!

2 comments:

♥Mrs L ♥ said...

Wow girl! I don't know how you did that drive!! but good for you!! glad you made it safely to your new home.

I am so glad everything is falling into place for you. Kentucky sounds like a fun place to live!

Merry Christmas Mandy! I'm so glad to still have you in my life even tho your in a computer. Take care and Love ya too!!!

lcdiaz said...

I'm so glad that things are good there! I want to see some pics of your house and stuff like that.

Dad comes to Utah!

Day 2 Day 3