Thursday, December 4, 2008

Old Kentuck


It was official Monday. We are moving to Lexington, KY. The movers are lined up, and we are looking for housing in Lexington. I am proud of Steve, we interviewed in KY, AZ and Logan Utah and received offers from all 3 places. Crowe Horwath gave us an awesome offer that will be a great experience for Steve, albeit in a cubicle. We are grateful to have choices (some are easier than others). What a great country to live in where we have freedoms and options. We are also glad for Steve's education that we continue to pay off monthly. :)
We have been impressed through this ordeal of losing a job and looking for a new one, and renting the house, etc...that there are so many good people out there. So many have been just awesome... Our home teacher, friends at my work, friends in general, prospective employers, potential renters, the moving companies, etc. My dad even offered to drive out with his trailer if it would help us move.
We are holding our breath a little for good renters so that we can afford to not do something drastic with this house. I am going to miss Cedar, we all are. I suppose it wasn't meant to be. "Kentucky will be an adventure" is the attitude we are going for. Jenna simply says, "moving to Kentucky is not an adventure!". She is happy to be closer to Ma and Mason though. We will look for new kindergarten, and Zac (or maybe Steve and I need him to go) desperately needs to go back to preschool and play with kids other than Jenna and Spongebob! We'll find an OB, and I am thrilled to not have to work until after #3. That just makes me so happy! It almost seems necessary to get things in order and "be there" for the kids as they adjust. It's tax season too almost immediately, so it will be nice to have off through those difficult months.

7 comments:

Cansas said...

Congrats on the new job! It is a blessing to have so many choices. I'm happy for you to be close to your family again. Good luck with everything!

Brandon and Natalie said...

Congrats on the job! It sounds like your family have had everything work out so nicely. Good luck with everything! I wonder how far you are from Memphis. It would be great to see you!

Alison said...

Congrats on the new job! I am sure you will be happy to be closer to your family. Lexington is really pretty! I know the wards there are really good...at least they were on my mission:)

Kirk Graves said...

I wrote on your facebook, but we know the area really well and if we can help let me know. Let me know when you are moving, we can come help if you need it.

Tiffney said...

Can't wait to see you. I am so glad that things are coming together.

Angie said...

Congrats on the new job! Sad to not see you around Cedar anymore, but I know things happen for a reason and it will all be for the best. Good luck with the move and the baby! Can't wait to see picts when he's born!

summer c said...

Yea! I am so excited for ya! I love KY and haven't been back since hs b/c my parents moved but it is sure beatiful country! We are so happy and have been praying for ya!

Dad comes to Utah!

Day 2 Day 3