Thursday, November 20, 2008

Cook out

Last night, we drove up into the hills a little ways and had a cook out with tin foil dinners. Steve prepared them while I slept after working the night before. We also made smores. Jenna told scary stories, and Zac threw a lot of rocks. The kids liked collecting all the wood. The kids wouldn't go on an "adventure" (hike) with me and find "gold treasures" (spent bullet shells). Steve said "you can't blame them, there's a fire." It was nice out there. Once it was dark and we were eating smores, we even heard some coyotes off in the distance howling. The kids thought that was cool, almost as cool as Steve thought it was. Anyway, it was nice. We love the mountains and the public land. We were glad to be able to squeeze that in at the end of November, it was nice weather.

8 comments:

Jeanine said...

Oh so fun! I love that you do that! We used to it all the time when we lived here before in apartments.

Jeanine said...

(oops I pressed the button too soon.) Now we are so lazy. We really need to get out more and spend more time outside. Especially since we have had such good weather.

Brandon and Natalie said...

I am surprised it was still warm enough to go. It is freezing here.
It looks like you guys had such a great time. I love the look of delight on Zach's face as he is eating his smore. You can tell he is in heaven!

Cansas said...

It has been great weather. That looks like lots of fun! It make me want you guys to come live up here even more, so we could do things like that together.

Debbie said...

It's probably a little weird that I check on you from time to time, but you are such a good friend of Lacey and I got to know you while you were at school.It's fun for me to see Jenna growing up so fast. Hope you guys find employment soon.Tin foil dinners are so fun.

lcdiaz said...

that did look like tonz of fun!! I love fires and eating LOL

Christopher said...

Looks like a ton of fun. The only way it would have been better would be if Lace, Coleman, and I had been there. BTW, a little birdie told me that someone took a job somewhere. Check my blog, and let me know what's gone down.

Tiffney said...

Smores are my favorite. I love that picture of Zac with the smore. You guys are so good to get out. Did I tell you we have a coyote here in our neighborhood. Dan thinks I am lying, but I have seen him three times. I think he may be my spiritual guide?????

Dad comes to Utah!

Day 2 Day 3