Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloween at Grandad and Grandma's House.






I had to work Fri-Sun night this past weekend. Steve and the kidos went to his parents in Blanding. They had a blast.
When they arrived Julene had folding chairs set up in front of the TV and clips from the spooky scenes of Disney movies for the kids to watch while they ate popcorn and suckers. After that they made "spider cider" which was apple juice poured over dry ice for the smoke and sprinkled with spiders all in a cauldron for Jenna to stir her "potion". They loved the spider cider drink! Grandma Julene had "brains and worms" to eat which was spaghetti with meat sauce. Jenna was wary...but Steve said that she should have had a headache that night because of all the smiling.
Steve dressed them in their costumes. I love my fancy witch and happy skeleton! They went to Steve's Grandparents in Blanding, Grannie and Grandad Great.
They trick or treated in his neighborhood, walking the streets with their grandad and daddy. Jenna told me that Zac was wild and that he was ready to walk in the peoples' houses.
After they trick or treated, they ran to answer the door for trick or treaters at Grandma's. Steve said that Jenna was precise and only gave a piece or 2, and Zac was generous giving a whole handful..that he loved the trick or treaters!
The next day they raked the yellow Fall leaves. It was a huge pile. They loved playing in the leaves.
Jenna also came home with lots of fun crafty things that her and grandma worked on.
How fun, Julene. The kids had a blast and Steve enjoyed the visit too!
We had the crappie and walleye fish tonight.

7 comments:

Jamie said...

Wow look at that pile of leaves... how fun is that. What great memories they will have. I love their costumes too. They are super cute. Im sorry you had to work. I always hated working on Halloween. I was supposed to this year but didn't end up having to. Which I was glad. I hope things continue to go well. Your kids are dang cute!

Carrie said...

Jenna Lou you look so beuatiful and zac so scary!!!! Mandy they look so cute. It looks like they had an awesome time. I love the spider cider what a great idea! I hope you guys are doing well, keep us posted! Love you all!

rtwn2 said...

Jenna, you are the prettiest witch I have ever seen. Love your Jazzy costume.
Zac, I can see all of your bones there and you look awesome as a skeleton.
Grandma Julene sure did a good job-what cool ideas-looks like a lot of fun.
What a long weekend you must of had Mandy. Hope you were able to get rested up the past 2 days
Excited to hear more about Steve's job opps. Hope all stays well.
Excited to hear more about Steve's job opps. Hope all is well

lcdiaz said...

Ah, that looked SO FUN!!! I wish we could have come down to play too :( I love love their costumes! They are so cute! That is a huge pile of leaves! WOW! Hope all is good. How are you feeling?? Love you guys!!

Brandon and Natalie said...

Looks like they had so much fun! Julene always has fun ideas for kids to do. I love their costumes! Too cute! The leave pile looks amazing. Too bad you had to work.

Debbie said...

yOUR KIDS ARE GROWING SO FAST. i STILL REMEMBER jENNA TAKIG THE MICROPHONE AND SINGING IN MY TV ROOM LIKE THE AMERICAN IDOL, SO CUTE!

Lacey said...

how creative and fun! The spider in the cup made me want to hurl, but I kept it under control ( great pics). You're kids are darling. I think they had the best costumes of the season! Also, good luck with the big changes ahead. I hope your family finds a place that has good work for Steve and is comfortable for your family to live and grow! Big decisions always worry me, and I know it's hard, especially when it involves work and family.

Dad comes to Utah!

Day 2 Day 3