Friday, November 14, 2008

Lexington, Logan, Waiting and Decisions


Steve went to Lexington, KY on Monday and despite a horrible trip of missed flights and forgetting his toiletries, the 4 hours of interview and lunch were good. He liked the company. The benefits are amazing. Of course I like that it is only 2 hours from home, esp in light of having a new baby. Also I still have family and friends of the family there and connections. I have always loved Kentucky; it is just a part of me and who I am. I have always loved an old farm house on green rolling hills. We are awaiting an offer after he gets his background check.
Yesterday we went for an interview with a small firm in Logan, Utah. This firm invited me to come to the interview too. That was different, but nice. The hard part is that they do an obscene amount of tax returns and put in 80-85 hours a week! I really liked Logan. I loved that it was more rural and agricultural. It was more country than I know Utah to be. There are plenty of Canyons and Bear lake is close. And of course the mountains to run around and play in. It's the best of both worlds in terms of outdoor opportunities and the "look" of it all. They said it would be 2 weeks before they were done interviewing. We have friends there too (Sorry Cansas, it was last minute, and I had to be back for work that night. We weren't able to make it happen to see you all!) Also Steve's sister and her fam are 2 hours away from Logan.
Thanks again Liss!

8 comments:

Catrina said...

I'm so glad you are on here! It really is sad for your kid to beg you not to leave! It is crazy how fast they grow huh!

It looks like you guys have been busy with interviews for your husband! I bet it's exciting to get to pack up and go somewhere new! It's been quite the adjustment for us without family, but it's getting to be second nature!

Skyler and Katie said...

I love Logan and Bear Lake! Except for how cold it is. The Logan temple is my favorite temple! But it would be fun to be close to your family again especially for the new little one. I never want to move unless it is closer to my family, I know how it is, except I am only four hours away and you are states away. Good Luck!

Jamie said...

Good luck! Im glad that you are having some interviews though. I've never been to Kentucky but it looks pretty. My sisters used to live in Logan and both of them loved it there. So I think either would be fun. But really your such a cute fun person you could live anywhere and love it.

Cansas said...

Oh Mandy! How exciting! It sounds like you might prefer KY, but Logan really is a great place to live. What firm did he interview with?? I can't tell you how excited Jason would be to have a friend to do things with here. There are several nurses in our ward and one that works in OB, and she really likes it. Anyway, good news! I hope things work out for you guys soon.

lcdiaz said...

Well you know what our vote is :) It was so fun to hang out with you guys for a little while. We need to do it again real soon. Love you guys!!

Brandon and Natalie said...

Well, I am personally pulling for KY, then we might be able to see you a little bit. Good luck with everything!

Angie said...

Good luck with the job decision...I know it will all work out how it is meant to. I will be sad to see you leave Cedar, especially for when I decide to have another baby - it was good to have a friendly face in OB. :) We wish you the best!

Ashley said...

Hey Mandy,

Sounds like you have lots of options--whatever will be an adventure. I'm actually itching to move. I would love to move closer to family. It's hard being so far away with a new baby. Keep us posted.

Dad comes to Utah!

Day 2 Day 3