Sunday, July 6, 2008

"Oh that WAS so fun"

Seems like it's always hard to travel and be "out of wack" with schedules and bed times. Zac was extra crazy at times and we wanted to scream....we proabably did...But it's worth it to travel and go and do. I recall looking back at pictures from times past and thinking "oh that was so fun!" I am glad that the hard parts are easily forgotten and somewhere along the way we made good family memories. Last weekend, the Broderick side had a fun family reunion in St george. I am always so impressed with the love that I feel there. Steve is the oldest cousin- he has cousins down to age 5. All the cousins are so awesome with our kids. They jump right in and play with them and even watch them for us, and seem to enjoy it. I wanted to especailly recognze Ellen, how Jenna and Zac both took to her so quickly and also the Merrel boys that are so fun and good with Zac. I just love the way that feels to know your kids are loved. Lisa and Sid did a great job with the reunion. Weds night we went to SLC airport to see Kevin come home from his mission to Armenia. That was awesome to see him. He is still so fun. He had great experiences, and I was impressed that he learned to play the piano really well on his mission. Anyway, Good job kevin on being a great example and choosing to serve a mission. After staying the night in Orem, we traveled to Blanding for the 4th. It is a great family place for the 4th. The parade and festivities are great. They still throw candy there, and the fire trucks don't keep their sirens on the whole time. (little kid friendly)It was very patriotic too. Very "American". That night Jenna and I went to a melodrama where you "boo" at the villan and cheer for the hero. That was fun. I love that kind of stuff. It made me want to go to the Shakespearian Festival. The kids loved the slip and slide and pool that grandma set up for them. I really enjoyed playing "hillbilly Golf" and eating Steve's grilled food. Steve and fam enjoyed playing cards and laughing. The fireworks were awesome. We sat in the bed of the truck and watched them. We just didn't feel like chasing Zac anymore that day, and thought the bed of the truck was a good bet for 10 pm. Saturday, we went to have family pictures with all the Scot Christensen family and in-laws. Then we ate at R&R, and I thought that was so good this time. The kids and I enjoyed the Visitor Center's park. They played until they were ready for ice cream and bed. It was a nice little vacation.

4 comments:

Sidney said...

We just missed seeing you today. We were hoping to see all the family, but Julene told us that you all left before church. At least we have the blog!!!

lcdiaz said...

That was such a fun weekend! I'm so glad that you guys went down and we could all hang out! I love you guys and can't wait to hang out again.

Brandon and Natalie said...

It sounds like you had a great time on vacation. It was so fun to see you guys for a little bit. Your kids are adorable!

Lacey said...

You guys always have so much fun! I'm glad your family is so involved with each other. You guys are really blessed!

Dad comes to Utah!

Day 2 Day 3