Sunday, July 27, 2008

A "Sunny" Addition



A few weeks ago Steve called and asked what I thought about getting a lab or a retriever...he saw an ad in the paper. I told him that I wasn't up to a hyper puppy right now, that I wasn't always up to the 2 kids and work, blah blah blah. Plus, past experience with our first dog in Indiana has left a bad taste in my mouth. That dog brought the devil out in me...he was a maniac (Jenna said he was "a mean-i-ac") that we tried to train and love, but he was so difficult. I did "interview" a few people, and then was happy to give him and his medications away to a true animal lover before our move back to Utah. That aside, I did think that an English bulldog in December (after her next liter) would be fun. The bulldog is possibly the laziest breed. Likes to eat and sleep, is slow and docile...much like myself. Well, here is our new dog that Steve and the kids picked out Weds while I was at work, and picked up Friday while I was at work. In all honesty, I am excited about her too. She is a good pup. She does play, but sleeps a lot too. I love that she lays by the couch and sleeps. The kids are excited, and have loved animals for as long as they've been alive. I am ok with it. She is 6 weeks old and house broke, she "sleeps" in a crate at night and sleeps over half the day, the other part of the day she is playful, but not freakishly so. It was fun to see her in the backyard this morning chasing the kids. Oh, her name is Sunny. We plan to go camping this upcoming Friday and think that she'll be a fun addition to our family...she better be Steve! :)

4 comments:

Brandon and Natalie said...

What an adorable little dog! I bet your kids are in heaven!

Lacey said...

Chris is going to be so jealous. He asks about getting a dog every now and then too. You're such a trooper. I just flat out say no.

Cansas said...

Cute dog! If I were an animal lover, I would have a dog. I really want one, but I can't deal with the poop and the saliva and the hair. I bet the kids love her.

♥Mrs L ♥ said...

Being such a animal lover that's awesome you got a dog! Looks like she'll be a good dog! Your pretty lucky to get a dog already housebroken. Hope it works out for ya!

Dad comes to Utah!

Day 2 Day 3