Saturday, September 29, 2012

Camping....in the front yard


 Earlier in the summer I made a list of things that I wanted to do with the kids, one thing  was that we go camping. Another thing that I have wanted to do as soon as the weather got a little cooler at night, was have a fire in the fire pit. Because it wasn't my weekend to work, I was determined to have some fun with the kids. Life is just better when we make time to break the routine and have fun. We set up the tent in the front yard, ate dinner around the fire, then made smores. After that we talked around the fire until Steve and Gage went in the house.
 Zac, Jenna, TR and I blew up the air mattresses and snuggled into our sleeping bags in the tent. TR didn't last long, he was a little chicken- Steve inadvertently scared him when he came out to check on us. It was a good thing that he went in anyway because the neighbor made it fun by scaring the kids a couple of times. All three of us slept on the queen mattress, the twin was vacant, but they insisted they weren't scared to sleep outside.
 They had a lot of fun, we made it all night. I actually slept pretty goods.












No comments:

Dad comes to Utah!

Day 2 Day 3