Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Kindergarten..take 2 or is it 3.



Jenna returned to Kindergarten this year. I can't believe that it was only last year that I sent her to 3 hour afternoon kindergarten in Utah. I cried on the way down the hall after I took her. Then we moved to KY, and I cried as I left her at her first day of all day kindergarten with perfect strangers and a whole new life. We struggled with homework and reading nearly every night. So much homework! She struggled to read and meet all the requirements. We agreed to have her repeat K this year. To be brief, it's been a great choice. Jenna is a bit older in her class and is so confident. Not struggling and struggling. IN fact, on her first day this year, she be-bopped in, and I was so proud, not crying like the last 2 times. The challenge now is to keep her challenged. All the things that she had difficulty with last year started to come with ease this summer. I am not sure why it surprises me, as with most other things, things come in their own time. It just clicks. She hits a new milestone and bang, she's got it!

2 comments:

lcdiaz said...

She is so cute! I love her outfit for the first day of school :) I'm glad its been good to have her in K again. Love you!

Brandon and Natalie said...

She looks adorable for her first day of school. She is so cute!

Dad comes to Utah!

Day 2 Day 3