Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Lissa and Cansas Tagged me...

This is fun. It's kinda weird though, it's like a mix between a resume and a confessional. But here we go...

10 Years ago: Feb 1998, I was a senior in high school. It was basketball season and I was a cheerleader. I was applying for scholarships and looking at schools in Virgina for college. I loved high school. It was a good time.

Todays' To-do list:
1.Laundry,
2. clean the kitchen,
3. Prepare for meeting on preparedness tonight,
4. stretch (move my body in some way)-This is commonly on my to do list, but uncommonly gets crossed off. I haven't been committed to exercise in about 5 years. Although I have spent hours and hours reading about diet and exercise, making goal posters and using positive self- talk. I am the most educated fatty out there.
5. Say my prayers and read something uplifting- yes this makes the list, it's a constant effort.
6. Have fun with the kids
7. Go to Roberts for something for Enrichment
8. Mill thru the bills

Jobs I've had:
Waitress, Catholic Youth Organization (CYO) Summer Camp Counselor, Cafeteria worker at Longwood College-I stocked the breakfast and fruit bar starting at 6 am, GNC sales associate, Sales associate at a clothing store, Cashier at Arby's- the headset freaked me out. Slow down!, Janitor at SUU- 5-7am, babysitter, Candy shop and soda fountain server, CNA at a Nursing Home, and now various jobs as a RN- hospital, home health, hospice and dialysis.

If I were a billionaire:
This is too fun. A billion dollars is 1000 millions, right? We'd pay off all of our debt and all our our families debts. We'd give a cool million to all the family members and our friends, esp the ones like us that are still not in a home. I'd get a loaded van or a Land Cruiser. I'd buy Steve his 4 door truck. I would barter with the Dept of Wildlife Resources and get Steve his various hunting tags and some for his buddies. We'd need some 4-wheelers. We'd have a big, not enormous, home on 4 or 5 acres. It would be my dream home. I'd have the lady off of Divine Design come decorate with my friend Brigett. There would definitely be a tree house in the back yard. We'd probably go ahead and get a house boat, and a ski boat. These would be fun at Powell. I loved the boat as a kid on the Ohio. We might need a snow mobile too and a Cabin. Maybe we'd go in half-ies with some friends. I would open a business that would be an indoor play land for kids. It would be awesome. Esp in the winter! We'd also be able to have Steve start all the business ideas he has dreamed up. I would probably have some augmentations, don't judge me,-I would probably chicken out. I would also have a personal trainer. I would go back to school for my Bachelors. The rest of the time I would hang out with the kids and be real involved with them and with Steve. Oh, I would have Stacey and Clinton from What Not to Wear help me with my wardrobe. We would go on family vacations and fly to Indiana whenever, we'd have a home there too, out off of Hwy 250 behind Buddy, we better have a boat and wheelers there too. We would have the kids set up financially for school, but they'd have to work too. (Who am I kidding this is fairy tale land anyway.) We would donate a lot of millions to Humanitarian Aid and to cancer research. Isn't this fun! You can have a million too!

Stuff you probably didn't know about me:

I loved Jane Goodall and was able to see her present on her Chimps in person. I also was a Diane Fossey fan. I looked into internships in ape research when I was 19. I later wanted to be a nurse midwife and looked into school in England for training. I delivered both of my kids unmedicated, without epidurals. I labored at home with Jenna for 7 hours and arrived at the hospital 30 minutes before we had her. I did use a Certified Nurse Midwife with Jenna. I am a Kentuckian, born in Frankfort. I drove a '69 American Rambler Convertible in High school that was my great grandparents'. It was aqua marine in color and only had 70,000 miles on it when it was given to me. I was all-conference MVP in Softball as a pitcher in high school. I was a 4.0 student in college. I am not a morning person. I ran for class president, the cheerleading squad and the softball team at Longwood College, I didn't make it at any of them. I joined the LDS church at age 19, after growing up Catholic. I asked Steve out on our first date. I cannot type. I use my right hand mostly.

What I like to do:
I like to have fun with Steve and the kids. I like my books on dieting and style- although you wouldn't know. I like country music. I like cowboys and rolling hills. I like warm weather. I like the windows down. I like to have a project. I like the internet. I like learning new things and finding the answers to things. I like going on dates with Steve. I like to shop. I like my alone time too. I like to be with family. I like my church books and other references, like text books. I like my planner. I like change on occasion. I like to take pictures. I like to lie in bed with the kids real close and talk to them. I am grateful for my life.

9 comments:

♥Mrs L ♥ said...

awww mandy! that is a pretty cool blog! learned alot about you that I would of never known! hope everything is going well with you in Cedar. haven't heard from ya in a bit. take care! luv ya!

Mavis

Cansas said...

Hey there! You are such an awesome person. I don't know if I ever told you this, but you once wrote me a note, when you were in the Relief Society Pres in Cedar and I was a R.S. teacher, that I take out every once in a while when I'm having a bad day and read. Your words made me feel so special and important. I really look up to you. I am grateful to know you!

Mandy said...

Thanks Cansas. That makes me feel good. I think the world of you too. I always have.

lcdiaz said...

that was so fun to read. I also learned a lot about you. thanks for doing it. love you lots, I'm glad that we are sisters!!

Stott Family said...

Hey,
thnaks for the blog invite. It's fun to learn more about you and your family. Thanks for all your hard work!
Crystal

Regina said...

Mandy, this is all so awesome, you sure are living life and are most likely the envy of many, but what is really special here is that we back home in Indiana can keep a sense of connection with you, the little stories, the drawings etc, all of them keep us close to you, steve and the kids. When reading this to your dad this evening, it sure hit home to him. He talked about how it brought back so many memories, and even went on to talk about some of those memories. I guess once a little girl, always a little girl, and for sure you will always be his little girl. And as he is reading this he also says, and the little girl I will always be proud of.

Tell the kids and Steve hello.
We miss you guys, but think you are where you need to be.
Lots of love,
Dad and Regina

Marci said...

Hi guys! I was so excited to find your blog. You'll have to take a look at ours. Hope your doing good in Cedar. I'm jealous, I love Cedar. You have such a cute little family. Take care-
The Bowens

Lacey said...

YOU.ARE.THE.COOLEST! And having said that, I learned so much more about you...and we've been friends for a long time. How do I get this on my blog? I admire you.

Mandy said...

Lace, YOU ARE THE COOLEST. It was good to talk to you today. I miss you, Oklahoma is too far....By the way, how do you get what on your blog?

Dad comes to Utah!

Day 2 Day 3