Tuesday, February 5, 2008

"I'll just walk to Hogi Yogi"



Tonight we had honey mustard chicken with rice and mixed veggies, not a real kid-pleaser. We had planned on going to get ice cream for a treat afterward. In order to get ice cream, the kids have to eat most of their food. Jenna did not like the food but was torn because she loves ice cream. She said, "after you and daddy go to bed, I am going to walk to Hogi Yogi (this is an ice cream and sandwich shop out West). She went on, "I will take my penny bank, and wear my warm coat. I am not scared of the dark, and I could just bring my flashlight." She wasn't sure which way to go though, but she does know what the sign looks like. "There's a circle in the middle."
In the end, she gave in, had three more bites of chicken and was able to get a treat, but we went to Arctic Circle instead.

2 comments:

lcdiaz said...

Oh Jenna!! What a cute girl you are. I love the stories. Aunt Wissy

Regina said...

MMMMM! MMMMM! JENNA. THAT ICE CREAM CONE SURE LOOKS GOOD! VANILLA ICE CREAM DIPPED IN CHOCOLATE IS ONE OF PA'S FAVORITE. THAT IS WHAT HE GETS ALL THE TIME AT MCDONALD'S AND SOMETIMES AT THE DAIRY QUEEN.

WERE YOU ABLE TO EAT THAT WHOLE THING? I BET IT WAS WORTH EATING YOUR CHICKEN FOR HUH? AND IT WAS SO MUCH EASIER THAN WALKING TO HOAGIE YOGI'S YOURSELF. WE WONDER IF YOU COULD TAKE US TO HOAGIE YOGI'S WHEN WE COME OUT AND VISIT SOMETIME?

PA/GINA

Dad comes to Utah!

Day 2 Day 3