Monday, February 18, 2008

Twilight Series





I just finished 1700 pages worth of Twilight Series books tonight after receiving the first one from Lissa after she finished last Sunday. I feel jaded- sad- hanging that I have to wait for the next one. I can now understand the Harry Potter and Star Wars freaks- no offense if that is you- wringing their hands as they await the next one. Waiting in lines, buying the paraphernalia, quoting the lines, speaking of the characters like you know them- as if they even exist. It's fanatical.
I started 8 days ago. I even took a day or so off to separate myself from the odd attraction to them. It's crazy how much these books affected me. My mood varied with the climate and mood of the book. I stayed up into the night reading, and I found that I would dream about it. I wondered what would happen next as I went about my day. I cried and empathized (sort of, I am not a vampire-lover after all) and laughed out loud. I got sweat rings at the intense parts, my heart would race.
Mind you that I am not an avid reader. I think the last novel I read was Harry Potter 2, years ago. I should stick to movies. I watch a good romance, I think about it the rest of the night and perhaps the next day some, and then poof, it's gone- perhaps stored in my distant memory somewhere, maybe to come out when I am old with Alzheimers.
Ahh, anyway- I have thoroughly enjoyed these books. I commend Stephenie Meyer for her ability to "move people" by making her characters and their relationships real. I would recommend these books. The genre is science- fiction, but the romance of the story is endearing and moving. -- Look, now I am a critic. This is insane!

11 comments:

Brandon and Natalie said...

I love that series! Camille, my sister, is a big fan. One of my good friends in my ward is a sister-in-law to the author. So are you pulling for Jacob or Edward? Me personally, I am pulling for Jacob. I can't wait for the next one to come out in August. The author has a different book (not in the Twilight series) coming out in May called the Host.

Cori Carpenter said...

Aren't they great! I have read the series twice since Christmas and have started again for a third time around!! I can't wait until book 4 "Breaking Dawn" to come out (on my birthday) August 2nd!!! What a great B-day gift huh!? I am glad you read them, Stephenie Meyere is truly gifted when it comes to getting you into the books!!

lcdiaz said...

As you know i love them too. i cant wait until the next one comes out. im wondering too who you are pulling for, im pulling for edward. i also heard that the author is rewriting the 1st book as Edwards point of view. that should be interesting. so we can know what he was thinking and what he was doing in the 1st book. sweet.

Cansas said...

I don't know what it is about these books, but I was the same way. I've read them twice now and when I see them on my bookshelf I have to stop myself from picking them up. CRAZY!

Mandy said...

Thanks for all the comments. That is fun. To answer you, Lis and Natalie, I am so for Edward- there is no question. In fact, I was irritated that she decided that she was in-love with Jacob, the dog- JK. I just love the energy, passion and deeper love between Bella and Edward, vampire or not. It was moving for me, whereas Jacob and her relationship seemed more like a revered friendship.

♥Mrs L ♥ said...

Hey Mandy! I have heard alot about those books. I think everybody is reading them! Did you know they are coming out with the movie? anyhow just dropping by! take care! luv ya!

Jamie said...

Hey Mandy good to hear from you! Your little family is super cute! I can't believe how much your kids have grown. This will be fun we can be blogging buddies. How's work? I was on call those days so I never got to see ya. So ya call me anytime and we can make a play date. Talk to you later.

♥Mrs L ♥ said...

hey girl! I finally got some help on changing the template. If you want to know let me know k? take care!! cute shirts you made for your kids!

Tiffney said...

Mandy,
I love your blog! It is such a great way to keep in touch. I see why you are hooked! The kids are so darling, and I love the story about Jenna walking to Hogi Yogi. The shirts are such a good idea, I feel sorry for Steve not getting one. I really liked the confessional. It was so fun to read all about you and just reaffirmed all the reasons why I admire you. And as for the vampire series. I know now that I need to read them.... in 30 years or so! No, maybe if I ask Dan's permsission first and fill the freezer with frozen dinners :-)! I love you and yours, Mandy! Take care.
-Tiff

summer c said...

those books are amazing! I am TOTALLY for Edward too. So she is writting a book from his perspective? Awesome! And the new book is coming out august 2nd! So glad I checked your blog!

Mandy said...

Summer, you can read the first chapter of the book from his perspective on her website. It is good too.

Dad comes to Utah!

Day 2 Day 3