Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Carving Pumpkins



























The day we were waiting for the call for the induction, we went over to Winco Foods and checked out the pumpkins. We got 100 pounds of pumpkins for $8! 8 cents a lb. We were thrilled. They can be so expensive! I felt like stopping a woman the other day who was about to spend 18 cents a pound at a grocery store, but I was not so obnoxious as to do that.
We carved them while mom was here.
Jenna drew and carved her own with minimal assistance. I love the faces she makes when she is working hard!
Zac has grown up some, wanting to have less grown-up help. He picked the idea for the face and had only some help with carving.
Trev was a wreck after nap so he allowed for very little assistance and so his pumpkin remains mouthless. He also insisted that the pumpkin guts "hurt". translated: "I don't like this cold stuff on my hands. Gross!"
I did the cat and Steve did his traditional goofy face.
Who thought of pumpkin carving? What a great idea. Love this tradition!

No comments:

Dad comes to Utah!

Day 2 Day 3