Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Stuff

I have some things that I wanted to record and maybe I will get back on here and update with photos...

First, check out the 12 days of Christmas post...awesome, right. Apparently it is not who I thought it was. Will we ever know? It is so generous!
Trevor took his first steps the weekend after Thanksgiving at 9 months old. He now takes about 8 or 9 and falls to his bum. I have never been in a rush to have any of the kids walk, and even though it is early and it means a busier baby, I am thrilled for him...to see him learn new things and grow and develop. He can throw a ball with 2 hands and mimics your noises. He is still a very happy child. He likes to eat solids and is going to be easier to wean from nursing than Jenna and Zac, I think. He has a sweet things that he does with Steve where they look at eachother and bump foreheads. I'll have to post a picture so you know what I am talking about. He had a well visit this past week and all is well.
Zac is doing well at school now. He is really starting to pick up and take an interest in letters. Who would have thought that 4 year old Zac would care at all what a "B" was and that it said "buh!" Jenna has played a huge role in his learning...he wants to be like her. He also likes to spell the word "no" now, instead of merely saying it to us..lovely.
Jenna is loving school and her friends there. She likes to make books and recently has been doing a lot of "writing" with her "best guess". She sounds out the words and writes them as they sound, which can be quite entertaining. She has lost another tooth recently and her top left tooth is loose, I bet she loses it this week. Cute. (have I posted that she has 9 cavities! Yay for never flossing! We are doing that now and she is a good brusher (they were all in between her teeth). The dentist and Jenna are about to be BFFs.
Steve's birthday is coming up and we have planned a family outing to Great Wolf Lodge/Indoor waterpark with the bigger kids. I heard people who vacation are happier and less stressed, I'll let you know! It should be fun to really take time with the bigger kids. You know when you really make eye contact, laugh and talk with them. I look forward to that..there are days when I think we go into co-exist mode.
Steve and I will have a date on Monday, his actual birthday. I love him. He is just about done with the Masters program! Also he passed a section of the CPA exam, which is one of THE toughest exams known to man!

And now to close with a story to make you smile...
Zac really loves to do chores together. I told him he could mop the kitchen floor in a few minutes, but that I wasn't ready to help him get the mop ready. I am telling him this over my shoulder as I am moving laundry from the washer to dryer. I look over and he is mopping. I figure, "ok, just practicing, that's cool." Well I look again and the floor is wet, "hum that is odd". I said, "Zac where are you getting water to mop the floor?" He looked at the dog bowl, looked at me, looked at the floor, and then said, "the dog bowl." Yes, so half the floor was mopped with dog water. On a optimistic note, did you know that dog saliva has enzymes that kill germs and break down food, whereas our enzymes are only in our stomachs (stomach acid). So we can assume that the dog slobber water may actually have been an improvement to Zac really loves to do chores together. I told him he could mop the kitchen floor in a few minutes, but that I wasn't ready to help him get the mop ready. I am telling him this over my shoulder as I am moving laundry from the washer to dryer. I look over and he is mopping. I figure, "ok, just practicing, that's cool." Well I look again and the floor is wet, "hum that is odd". I said, "Zac where are you getting water to mop the floor?" He looked at the dog bowl, looked at me, looked at the floor, and then said, "the dog bowl." Yes, so half the floor was mopped with dog water. On a optimistic note, did you know that dog saliva has enzymes that kill germs and break down food, whereas our enzymes are only in our stomachs (stomach acid). So we can assume that the dog slobber water may actually have been an improvement to the state of the kitchen tiles. Love you Zac.

5 comments:

Richins Family said...

Loved your post. I can't believe you baby is already walking, that is great and early, but he just has to keep up with the other 2. The story about Zac is the best, what a great helper!!!!

lcdiaz said...

WAY TO GO TREVY!! That is so awesome! Zac's story totally made me laugh and smile. That is just Zac! I sure miss you guys. Hope we can see each other soon! Love ya. What a great post!

Tiffney said...

What a great post! Can Zac come and visit me for awhile? I would love a child that mops, even if it were dog water!!! My kids spill things and say mom get something!!! I hope that you are having fun at the Water Park. Congratulations Steve and Happy Birthday! I can't wait to see a picture of Jenna and her lost teeth. Baby Trevor sounds so sweet. How exciting and scary that he will be walking! I feel like we haven't talked in forever! SO I could on and on....the 12 days of Christmas is so cool. Enjoy it ....I know who it is too...Christmas Elves!

Cansas said...

I love the mopping story! So funny. Tell Steve we said happy birthday. 30 is a big one!

Debbie said...

Sounds like you are having fun even if you have to live in Kentuky..JK Your kids are so dang cute. How cool it is that Steve is getting his masters degree. I commend you for supporting Steve. it is hard on a mother and kids when dads are in school.

Dad comes to Utah!

Day 2 Day 3