Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas 2009

I can hardly believe that Christmas has come and gone. I should look back at last years post and see if I had the same things to say: "I wish I would have done more with the kids." Ugg, I am not sure if it's work, or life that gets in the way, but I would like to say that we watched the Nativity, read Luke 2, went caroling, fed a family, baked and iced cookies all afternoon, and sang Christmas carols throughout the days...the reality is that the kids DO know the reason for the season, they did eat cookies, and they do know Christmas songs, they did eat with great family and friends, and they did make a gingerbread house, so even though it's not totally perfect, it was still quite wonderful, now that I think of it.
Our families were so generous and spoiled the kids to the core, and we, as always, love to be with family for Christmas. So thank you to mom and to dad and Regina for wanting us with you and loving us so...and also to Julene and Grandma and Liss (and all of Steve's family- Love you too Jeff, I know you read up on us and we thank you for that too!) for wanting us there too. I wish we could be both places! Also we went to a family's house here in Lexington on the day of Christmas to eat a delicious ham and enjoy their company before I had to work. We do feel blessed for the people in our lives.

I didn't get one card mailed, although I did print them, and I didn't do a family letter. But know that we are well, that we are human and so we struggle at times, know that we are blessed with good health and happy kids, and that we testify of Jesus Christ- that he was born in Bethlehem a humble birth, that he lived selflessly a perfect example, that he died for us according the the will of our Father, and he resurrected gloriously so that one day we can be together again... for which we are eternally grateful.

Merry Christmas!


















4 comments:

lcdiaz said...

Looks like you guys were extra good this year! Look at all that loot you got! I love all your pics and the kids are getting so big and so cute! Thanks for all your gifts too! They were so thoughful! I love the gingerbread house idea...I'm going to do that next year...hopefully we ALL can next year! I'm already excited for it :) oh ya...Florida in 9 Months!!! :) I'm a dork...I know

KYnurse said...

I love it--looks like Christmas at your house went about like mine. I love the season especially now that the kids are getting older to an age that we can have fun. Glad you enjoyed the holiday!!

Whitney said...

More great pictures! I wish you and your family many blessings in 2010! And who knows? Maybe we'll be abel to see one another sometime this year!

Alyssa said...

Love all the pictures! And I love your side blog stories - they were cracking me up!

Dad comes to Utah!

Day 2 Day 3