Monday, April 20, 2009

The get- away!

Steve likes to plan a trip and have something to look forward to. He is quite good at it too. He planned a getaway for us all after this tax season. We left Thursday for La Folette, TN to a house that we rented on Norris Lake. It was only a 2 hour drive. The weather was perfect, the hot tub was bubbly, the beds were soft, the kids were good, the foos ball was fun, the roasted marshmellows were yummy, the grill worked like a charm, the tvs were big, the WII worked great, the walmart had what we needed, the house was comfy and clean, the jacuzzi tub was huge, the baby napped, the husband was awesome, the weekend was sweet! However, the chiggers were biting and the fish weren't. I bet Steve went to the dock, tackle in hand, 8 times with the dog and kids, and nada! Oh well. They had fun. They probably think that fishing is totally over rated...they'll get one though..next time. Thanks to Steve for planning the trip and being so good to me.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I figured out how to post now?? Anyways,such cute pics, and I love the sunny video :) I just love those little getaways... Moments to cherish, for sure! So glad you guys were able to take a few days of R&R. I hope you came back a little refreshed. You deserved it!

lcdiaz said...

That sounded and looked so fun! What a nice getaway :) I thought sunny would just jump right off the dock...but she decided to go around lol...thats really funny. Hope all is well...How are you feeling? The kids are so cute and Trevor changes everytime I see him...give them all a kiss for me :)

Brandon and Natalie said...

That get away sounds wonderful! It looks like you guys had a great time!I hope we can see you guys sometime soon!

Tiffney said...

This looks like so much fun! What a downer I was today and so self absorbed! I'm sorry, I didn't even ask about your trip. Trevor, Zac and Jenna are so adorable! I love the bubbles pictures. Good job, Steve!

Lacey said...

I'm so jealous. That looks like a dream vacation! Lake, house, fire pit, jacuzzi...ahhhhh. So nice! Absolutely perfect sounding (except the chiggers).

Dad comes to Utah!

Day 2 Day 3