Friday, August 15, 2008

Snips, Snails and Puppy Dog Tails

Snips, snails and puppy dog tails. Do you think they say puppy dog tails because they are endlessly moving? Snails because they love dirt and slime, and why snips, or is it snakes?

Either way, as rough and tumble as Zac is, he has his moments of sweetness. A true blessing to me. I cut my hair and colored it brown a couple weeks ago now and without any discussion of my hair, Zac says. "I like your hair mommy" and his eyes lingered on me and he smiled. Another day, I got off work, and mind you that I am useless to the world after I work, anyhow, I changed my clothes into something comfortable, and considering that I started this pregnancy several pounds heavier than with Zac, I don't have a lot of options. I was wearing men's XXL scrub pants cinched on that I need to return to the OR and a T shirt that was entirely too small. I pulled my hair back and put on my glasses, and when I walked down the stairs he said, "you look cute mommy", and patted my leg with a smile. Then finally the other morning , I worked a night shift and as I was coming up the stairs to go to bed, he was just waking for the day, he said as he always says when he sees Steve or myself coming home, "I am so glad you're home after working all day" followed with a hug. Then he told me to take off my scrub top (I guess to ensure that I was staying). Then I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and I told him to cuddle with daddy and wait in bed for me. When I slid in bed, he said, "Umm, mommy, your breath smells so good! I love you" and then he Eskimo kissed me. This little boy's skin is so soft on my face, especially that morning. I nearly cried, I was so touched by the love of this little boy, especially in those moments that I may be struggling to love myself.

11 comments:

Sidney said...

Mandy,

I didn't know you were pregnant. Congrats! I loved your words about Zac. They are so sweet!

Ashley said...

Mandy,

Congratulations!! I didn't know you were pregnant. How exciting!!

Lacey said...

Zac is right, you are cute and your hair is pretty...oh, and I'm sure your breath smells good too. He loves you because you're the best mom ever!

Kirsten said...

That is so cute and sweet! Congrats on the pregnancy. Angie said she saw you during her labor and she told me. I was wondering if I missed a post announcing, but judging from the other comments maybe not. I know about 5 people due around the same time! so fun.

Jamie said...

Congratulations! I just found out last night at work that you were pregnant. I had no idea... you look great! So not much longer then. Do you know if your having a boy or a girl? Are you going to find out? That is super cute about your little boy. You teach him well.

Mandy said...

My heck, I thought more people knew. I didn't make an official post. I am only 12 weeks- due in Feb, I am not close at all. I just am about to need some maternity clothes in the near future so I can be more comfortable.

Skyler and Katie said...

Your little boy is a little angel, that is so cute. I'm so excited to find out what you are having.

Brandon and Natalie said...

How sweet! How can you not love that boy! Those are the moments I think that being a mom is the best!

summer c said...

Congrats! I was also in the dark. How are ya feeling so far?
And your little man sounds so sweet. My hunter is always saying those little things to me..........except for the day he told me my hair was lookin pretty "messed up"!

Cansas said...

Zac is such a sweet kid! I love those moments when they say just the thing you needed to hear!! And they are so sincere too. Kids are the best!

lcdiaz said...

Zacy is so cute!! Its those moments that you'll remember forever! Love you guys!!

Dad comes to Utah!

Day 2 Day 3