Sunday, August 3, 2008

Campout

Somewhere between Brian Head and Panguich Lake, we turned off of a dirt road and then off of that dirt road and set up our tent. This was our first overnighter with the kids and the dog. It was so fun. The kids really loved it! We hiked and enjoyed the things the kids observed. Jenna said of a tree that fell, "a chipmonster" must have got that one"- chipmunk. The kids and I rode down the dirt road in the bed of the truck, and Jenna thought that the "concreek" was beautiful- she was looking at the creek. They also loved to hear their echo. It seemed that Zac thought someone was talking back to him. I wish I would have gotten a picture of him on Steve's shoulders, he was so at home up there, the way he rested his hands on top of Steve's head. Zac loved picking out and then throwing rocks, and Jenna brought me more than a couple bouquets of weeds. There is something about camping that brings the family together. Overnight it gets to around 40 degrees on the mountain, but we all stayed warm and the kids were real champs with their little sleeping bags and flashlights, even the dog did well. It was a good experience. Next time, I'd like to fish, build a fire for dutch oven and smores, and Jenna will keep working on squatting to pee.

8 comments:

Lacey said...

Camping is one of my favorite things to do! How cool that you get to go out and do so much fun stuff together! Too bad it's been over 105 degrees for the past week here. No one goes camping because there is no need for a fire at night (since the nights are 75 degrees), the bugs are too big, and there are no mountains and pine trees! It's pathetic how much I miss the scenery of Utah! It really looks like you guys enjoyed yourselves. Oh, btw, we're not pregnant. When you get a minute call me because I don't know your work schedule.

Tiffney said...

What a great family outing. I love Steve's new truck, and your puppy is so cute. I am glad that you had a good time. The kids look like they are right at home in the outdoors.

Skyler and Katie said...

Hi Mandy this is Katie from work. I found your blog hope you don't mind me looking. Your kids are so cute!

Jeanine said...

I bet they loved the camping trip! Hey did the carpet thing work out for you? I felt bad that I had kind of cut off the conversation and made it really quick. I was hoping that you had got all the information that you needed. Sorry.

lcdiaz said...

Camping sounded so fun! I talked to steve and he said that you guys had an awesome time and that Sunny did really well too....How are things?? Miss you guys!! Did Jenna have a good b-day

Jamie said...

FUN! We need to go camping. We have been meaning to go all summer. Looks like lots of fun. Also I can't believe Jenna is already 5! That is crazy I remember when she was just a baby. Wow does time fly bye

Cansas said...

Watching your slide show made me miss you guys. Wouldn't it be great to go camping together. Looks like so much fun. Congrats on the baby. I hadn't heard. That's really exciting!

♥Mrs L ♥ said...

congrats on the baby! so exciting! good to hear from ya. I love MAC period. It's a good brand. I would recommend anything they have. I can't wear their foundation tho. But if you ever come across it, you should try it! take care and ttyl!

Dad comes to Utah!

Day 2 Day 3