Friday, August 29, 2008

Kindergarten





Kindergarten started Tuesday. I cried on the way out of the door. I didn't care that people in the hall saw me crying. I was leaving my baby to the world. It wasn't the day itself, it was what it represented, or what the rest of her life would be...I hoped that others would be kind and love her, that she would have friends, that she would excel, that her teacher would see that she is special, that someone would watch out for her, that she would be confident in herself and love who she is. I hoped that she would make good choices and be nice to others. I hoped that she would listen and use her manners.
I guess I can't duplicate how it felt. I just wanted the world to be gentle with my little girl.
She had a good first day, but was disappointed that Kindergarten would be everyday. Wednesday she said, "you mean today is not a stay-at-home-and-play-day?" She is still a little girl after all.

5 comments:

lcdiaz said...

I would have cried too :) Wow I can't believe that you are in Kindergarten Jenna!! You will love Kindergarten and will make new friends and continue getting smarter and your teacher will LOVE you!! You are a sweet, beautiful, smart, fun girl and I'm GLAD that I'm your Aunt Lissie!!! LOVE YOU JENNA.

Brandon and Natalie said...

She looks adorable! I would have cried too. I am sure she will do a good job. She had you as a mom to help her prepare for school and life.

Lacey said...

Wow. She's in kindergarten!? Whew, how those childhood years seem to fly. How cute is she. She looks pumped and ready to go. I hope that the world is gentle with her too. And if not, I'm sure she'll have the tough skin to handle the scary situation the world puts on her (and our children)! You've done well Mamma!

Cansas said...

I know exactly how you felt. I wish I could explain myself as well as you do. She's such a beautiful girl. I can't believe she's already in Kindergarten. My memory of Jenna will always be when we all crammed into your car and took off to somebody's reception...maybe Tim's?? Anyway she was in her car seat screaming the whole way there. Funny how people get frozen in time when you don't see them very often. She certainly looks happy now!

Mandy said...

Cansas, That is so funny that is your memory of her! I had forgotten all about that...what a crying baby she was! So difficult. We need to make a point to get together...next time you are visiting your fam, let us know and maybe we can work something out....hope you are having fun at Disneyland!

Dad comes to Utah!

Day 2 Day 3