Saturday, October 27, 2018

Trevor and trunk or treat




Trevor (41) and Hyrum (46) said they were planning to go to a trunk or treat at Mountain View high school put on by the Orem PD. They decided they would be football players and went to Hyrum's to find some props. Trev had on some joggers and a football t-shirt. I put the home flip phone in his pocket and away they went. I thought they were going with Hyrum’s family. 
At 8:30 I did not hear back from a text I sent and there was no answer when I called Trevor. I text Hyrum’s family only to find out they didn’t know where he was and didn’t know he was planning to go to Trunk or Treat. By now it’s 8:50pm and dark out. Steve and I headed to MV. We passed a line of several people, looking for Trevor and Hyrum in the dark. When we got to the stadium, we went in and looked around and there they were...Playing on the football field in Hyrum’s big brothers’ varsity football uniforms! 
Well, they were just wearing the pants..., the jerseys and pads were on the sidelines with the helmets. The anger and nervousness about where they were softened. I was glad to see them playing football and safe...and where they said they’d be.  We had Trevor check the phone and he saw all the missed calls. 
It’s a tough balance... I want him to be with friends and doing stuff more than I want him playing video games or watching you-tube for hours. But... I’d like to know where he is! I wonder if this will be my frustration for the next 10 years!!! 

No comments:

Dad comes to Utah!

Day 2 Day 3