Saturday, August 13, 2011

Ma Time in Utah

Mom flew out Aug 3-9. She was supposed to get here the night of the 2nd and ran into trouble with her flight and had to spend the night in Chicago. I am glad that she came anyway, it would have been easier to shrug and say, "I tried". She starts her school year pretty soon with the biggest enrollment in the preschool ever,  and she has a new boss, so I appreciate that she came despite the responsibility that she left back there.  I was very happy that she came for a visit and to be here for Jenna's baptism. Like she said just tonight, "A baptism isn't something that comes every year like a birthday..."
It was a big deal and very nice to have her here too.
 Of course she is gone back home now, but the first day that she was gone, I looked over at the passenger seat and missed her in the van. She is my friend. I missed her there with me, running around with the kids.
 My friend asked if we did anything fun. I replied, "we tried!"  Between the need for errands and meetings (the baptisms and Roman's blessing), tired kids, need for naps, a little work, and how times flies, we didn't do all that I had hoped.I wanted to go swimming and go to the Farmer's Market and spend an hour at the Quilted Bear, but hey, you can't have it all. We did shop a little, albeit with 4 kids. We did eat well, as always when we get together. We did have sunshine and the highlight of the entertainment was the Dinosaur museum...and watching Twilight with mom after the kids were in bed.
At the SF Splash Pad

Hi Ma

Trev, who was very possessive of Mom
A puppet Show
Even caught in a blink, this is happiness!




Sand table


"Oh Dear!"





 The kids had a great time with Ma and so did I. Thank you mom for coming and loving us so much. I enjoyed you and love you!

No comments:

Dad comes to Utah!

Day 2 Day 3