Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Field Day and a chapter closing







School is nearing an end for Jenna this year.
I haven't officially blogged about it, but again we have run into job issues and have experienced another lay off. This time it wasn't so devastating considering that Steve wasn't a huge fan of his job and there is severance. We are happy to move back to Utah to find work and be surrounded with family and support. I know it is where Steve's heart is, and I love the West as well and love Steve's family. It will be far from my fam again. People in love don't think about that when considering marriage...that our families live on opposite sides of the country. Makes it hard on someone. And there was no interest in Kansas! So back to Utah we go, happily. Aside from missing my family here, there are things that will be missed about Lexington, which is a whole other post altogether! Stonewall Elementary is one of those things. Such good people that I know love Jenna. She has made good friends, and despite it being a pretty big school of 700+, it feels close knit!
So I was able to help with their day-long field day that is so cool, organized and fun!
There were several stations in the afternoon that they rotated through and the video is Tae Kwon Do. They had to hold on to a leg and try to knock the other child's leg loose with the knee that was up. Jenna was so determined and pleased that she "won". It was really fun to see her smile and have a competitive spirit.
I didn't get pictures of everything, but I know she had a great time and hopefully she will always remember or at least know that she had a loving and fun start at Stonewall Elementary.
Again, Jenna, I plan to make this into a book and want you to know that you are a fun and happy girl that treats her friends nice, is a good listener to your teachers, and a real sport for fun times and sweating in the sun! Love you babe. I had a great time with you and watching you.

2 comments:

Lisa S. said...

I am sad to hear that you have to go through yet another lay off. You are one of the strongest families I know and you will make it, I am sure of it. I am glad to hear though that you are thinking of coming back to Utah. I miss you guys. I wish there was something I could do to help. Know that I am thinking about you and praying for you and hope everything works out.

It is good to see Jenna having fun too! That video is sure funny! She is sure growing up fast.

Lisa S. said...

Oh by the way I love the quotes on your side bar and the ones from the kids. Made my day today! Thanks!

Dad comes to Utah!

Day 2 Day 3