Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Happy Birthday Trevor!

Today my baby is 1 year old. I remember very well the moment that he was born- when I saw him I remember saying, "he's perfect!" I held him right away, cuddling him to my chest and looking at him inches from his sweet little furrowed brow. I immediately had feelings of adoration for that sweet baby boy. I suppose that is the love of a mother: unconditional and immediate.
I love the way it feels when I hold him. I wish there was a picture of me holding him that would convey the way it feels. It is hard to describe, isn't it? I love to be close to his sweet cheeks and long eyelashes. I hope that he will one day know the joy and comfort that he has brought to me. I consider Trevor a tender mercy of the Lord and a testament of His love for me.
We all love Trevor. He is such a fun, happy boy.
It is fun to have him running around the house, seeking out balls of any variety. He is always on the lookout for something to put in his mouth. He loves when he can get up the stairs, and he double loves playing with the kids. He likes bedtime and his fleece blankets. He loves the dog (and her bowls). He likes to eat, blueberries may be his favorite food. He likes to be read to, and he will bounce when he hears music. He is very loved by his brother and sister, he looks for them in the morning when I bring him downstairs. He always has a smile for his family.

Happy Birthday sweet baby boy.


Smile at 5 weeks, rolling at 4 months, teeth at 5 months, army crawling at 6, crawling at 7, pulling up at 8, first steps at 9 months, walking preferred over crawling at 10, running at 12. So fun! Trevor's first word was ball. He also says "tis", which is "what's this?" He mimics lots of noises; says "mama" and "dada" but not always correctly. He will give you a kiss when he wants and waves byebye.


6 comments:

Brandon and Natalie said...

Happy Birthday to an adorable little guy. He seems like a cute little sweetheart.

Brookie said...

brought a tear. so sweet :)

lcdiaz said...

That was so sweet! You're such a great writer! Happy Birthday Trevy!! I sure do love you!

Corinda said...

Hey Mandie, I just found your blog and thought I'd leave you a quick note. That's crazy to me that Trevor is a year already--it's gone so fast. I loved your quote wall on the side and had some good laughs. You've got some cute kiddos. :) I hope all is well!

Whitney said...

Happy Birthday, sweet boy! Walking at 10 months is extraordinary...you have a mover on your hands!

To answer your question on the placemat that you commented on our blog, I just take pictures of friends and family (usually the Christmas cards) and put them on colorded construction paper and then have them laminated at Kinkos. It is only $4 or so to do that huge mat that has pics on both sides. Super fun project and as he is getting older he can recognize people now and point to them.

I hope all is well and as always we are enjoying your wonderful blog!

Tiffney said...

I cant believe it, Trevor is 1 year old! What a sweetie and and what a nice tribute by his mom. You are good to notice your little ones and see all of the true bits of their character. Love you guys and miss you!

Dad comes to Utah!

Day 2 Day 3