Friday, September 19, 2014

DC Conference

I was required as a part of my school curriculum to go to "How to Start a Birth Center" Conference. There are 4-5 places throughout the year that host this conference. Alanna and I thought this venue was best for our schedules. To be brief, it was expensive and not currently applicable to me and my goals as a beginning CNM...but it was fun to be with my friend, Alanna and to tour a little of Washington DC after the conference.

After our first day of conference, we went to this Italian pub. 


The White House. I was able to FaceTime Steve and the kids. They thought it was cool 



At the conference, we met Kitty Ernst! She is a midwifery pioneer working to empower women and the profession. 




HOT DOG stand!

At the Smithsonian- check out the primate pelvi. 

It was a gorgeous day and a reverent experience to watch the changing of the guard at the Tomb of the unknown solider. 


No comments:

Dad comes to Utah!

Day 2 Day 3