Thursday, August 16, 2012

The Utah County Fair

I will say that I had a good time with the kids this morning, but the Utah County fair is not like the Jefferson Co 4-H fair. I have to say, I am proud  to be a Hoosier with a little cowgirl at heart. In Indiana, there may be less crafts and art projects, but there are a heck of a lot more animals at the fair. I guess provo/orem is not the agricultural hub of the west, so it is ok. I did miss those smelly pigs and other large livestock like we see in Indiana, even the small animal barn was just over a handful of birds, rabbits and Guinea pigs today.
 Nonetheless, it was a great time. They had a petting zoo and the kids held rabbits; we were able to see some sheep being shown and judged, and we saw some girls with their horses doing some competitive drills in the arena. In the craft barn, there was a massive display of Lego's. It was something that the kids looked at for at least a half hour.  There was also some nice art, photography, and quilts on display.
 We had snocones and enjoyed the company of my frined Michelle and 3 of her kids.









Lego land




 We apparently missed the pig wrestling last night and the demolition derby is sold out. Maybe I can talk Steve into the rodeo this weekend. I love the rodeo...and elephant ears- oh the homemade donuts at the 4-H fair in Madison are the best.

No comments:

Dad comes to Utah!

Day 2 Day 3