Saturday, April 14, 2012

Hunger Games- Opening Night

Lissa and I went to Hunger Games opening night. I was teaching that night and was unable to successfully change it to another night, so we didn’t get to do our traditional night out before the midnight showing. In fact Liss had to wait in line stag. Total bummer. We did go out to dinner 2 nights before and that was fun, but for the next Hunger Games or the last of the Twilight movies, I will make sure I have no other obligations.
I met up with Lissa at about 10pm. We were able to be seated by then. The audience was full of young adults and teens. There was a fun guy in front of us that would occasionally yell out, “Katniss” while we waited for the movie to start. There was a lot of energy and excitement there. I still want more hype! Where are the cut-out posters to pose by and the people dressed up?! I hear that Thanksgiving point may be the place for the hype. In Orem, there were some girls with the side braid, but I am too out of the loop to even know if that was mimicking Katniss or if that is the style. There was a handful of people dressed like capitol-ites and one dressed like Effie. I think there were a couple of Katniss’s too.
 The movie was good. I wanted more chemistry between Peeta and Katniss, because I am a Peeta fan, after all. Now that I reflect though, I became more and more of a Peeta fan in the next 2 books. Gale was making it kinda hard to be Team Peeta. He was good looking.
 I am excited to see the next movie, but not near as excited as I am to see the last of the Twilight Saga! I love Edward and Bella. What can I say? I am a romantic.

No comments:

Dad comes to Utah!

Day 2 Day 3