Monday, May 16, 2011

Happy Day for me!

Friday, May 6th, the secretary at work brought flowers back to me, and I thought, "What is this?". It didn't dawn on me that they were for me at first. I ripped open the card, and, sure enough...to me, from Steve: "Happy Mother's Day". That was so nice, I managed to get them home, the vase only tipped once, and I only cussed them a little. The lilies and carnations in the bunch are still alive and pretty. So very nice to be loved.
Saturday was Derby day. I managed to pick the worst night of the month to go to Orem's walmart that I already hate because the lines are sooo long. I don't even try to take the kids anymore, it's just a break-down waiting to happen there. Anyway, I went the night before Mother's day. It was so packed that I opened a coke in checkout and was nearly finished by the time my stuff was scanned. I do love Coke! Saturday night I put away groceries and stayed up late getting some stuff squared away from my class (tell you later about that). I woke up Sunday morning and Steve was out of bed and the kids were up and at 'em. That, in itself, is nice that I wasn't invited. Then I awoke from drifting to 2 very cute kids, a 5 and 7 year old to be precise, that were followed by their daddy who held a tray of breakfast. Ah, breakfast in bed. Scrambled eggs that they cracked, toast, fruits (even bananas that Jenna hates and Zac loves) with cut up strawberries, yogurt, a wine glass of milk and a beautiful flower and folded napkin. They were all smiles and so proud. They had made cards and gifts at school for me. I love how pleased they were, and I love that their daddy made it happen. After I was full as can be, I went back to sleep until 10! We missed church and with 4 small kids, that is a gift in some ways! It was just such a nice day. I enjoyed my family.  Zac said,  "Maybe when it is Children's Day, you can serve me breakfast in bed." Trev told me a few times "Happy Birthday!", until he got it right! Gagey would smile and slime my face with a slobbery kiss...and I love that from my baby!
Love them!
 PS: Happy Mother's Day, belated, to all mommies. What a hard job! Love you, MOM!


No comments:

Dad comes to Utah!

Day 2 Day 3