Thursday, June 18, 2009

This and That

Things have been good around here. Steve and I celebrated our 8 year anniversary the 7th of June, well we actually celebrated this past weekend when we had a babysitter. Thank you mom. Mom even kept the kids a couple days extra while Trev and I headed back to Lexington because I had to work. The kids had a blast with mom and cousins.
Also we report that we are both bitter and excited that we have become friends with Dave Ramsey and his "total money makeover". We started June 1.
Work for me is going well. I am still in orientation and am finishing my last week of 4 10's. (which I hated! I felt like I never saw the kids.) Earlier this week my orientor and I had 3 labors, deliveries and recoveries in about 8 hours. This hospital delivers 4000 babies a year. It's busy and makes it hard to find time to pump, which is really important to me.
We are looking forward to the first part of July to drive 28 hours to Utah and spend the 4th in Blanding with family. We have some fun things planned. We miss Utah a lot. This will be fun.
Trevy is getting big. Almost 4 months old. He likes to reach for toys, and loves the big kids. He still isn't a fan of baths. He continues to be a joy. We are all so grateful for him.
Jenna and Zac are doing well. Enjoying the tramp and time to together, even though they fight regularly.
I'll do better about updates and post pictures too.
Thanks to Angie for the following pictures from Jenna's field day at school. Her and Isaac are too cute. Looks like fun.



5 comments:

Catrina said...

yeah, my husband and I have been toying around with Dave Ramsey too! lol. It can be tough...but we've payed some things off which is good! Even though we probably haven't followed his rules to the letter...we have done pretty well. Sounds like you guys are doing well! I can't believe your baby is already 4 months old! And Jenna looks soooo big!

lcdiaz said...

Dang Dave Ramsey LOL!! jk. You guys are doing really good with that! Jenna is growing up so fast and she is so beautiful! I cannot wait to see ALL of you guys!!!! Let the count down begin :)

Cansas said...

We are planning on being in Blanding for the 4th so long as there are no sick cousins going. I'm a little paranoid about getting Chloe sick. So, assuming all the cousins are healthy we'll be there. Hopefully we get to see you guys. We miss your family!

Lacey's easel said...

Jealous you get to be in Utah for the fourth. That's usually when we try to drive out as well, but not this summer :( We are trying to do better with money too, even though we haven't buckled down to Dave's program...so that leaves out trips for the time being. Love seeing your kids growing up. It makes me feel old. I feel myself thinking, "Just yesterday they were yay high." You have to say that in an old lady voice to get the full effect.

Whitney said...

I can't get over how much Jenna looks like you, Mandy! Amazing and wonderful!

Dad comes to Utah!

Day 2 Day 3