Sunday, April 3, 2011

Maw Comes for her Spring Break!

The time finally arrived after days of anticipation...mom was here.
I am so glad that she came. I needed to see her. Who said that a grown woman doesn't need her mama? We all loved having her. I know that she had other stuff to do back home, but I am glad that she took her sparse free-time and came out here.
 I worked 2 days while she was here, it killed me. I am so selfish. But I am glad that the kids got to spend a lot of time with mom. I honestly can't say who loves her most. They all do. Gagey gave her the crinkled-nose-smile, Trev thought she should be somehow attached to him, Zac still adores her and Jenna too loves to spend time with her Maw. Mom read a record amount of books to the kids, especially Trevor and added to our "library" of books and dvds- Thank you, Maw! We ate like fat, starved queens! It was wonderful. Except by Monday, we were feeling bad about it, and our bodies were revolting! But Los Hermanos, Se Llama Peru, Cafe Rio and home cooking were quite fun! The weather didn't really participate so we didn't go to the zoo. We did go to the "dead zoo" or the Bean Museum that has lots of animals that are stuffed. That was fun. We went to Trafalga and ate dippin' dots and played put-put. We watched the Return of Nanny McPhee on Sensational Saturday night with the kids- it was a good show. We made watch-bracelets. And perhaps my favorite was when we all went to the park and flew a kite. The big kids, Steve, Mom and I all went to see the Carl Bloch art display at the BYU museum. Mom thoroughly enjoyed it.
When mom is here, it feels like time stands still in that real life stops. Also time seems to fly and the visit is over, and it's time to resume the routine. Not that the routine is all bad. It felt good to get back to normal, I just wish normal and routine had my mom in it.  That is a continued hardship to live on the other side of the country of our families. Nonetheless, I wouldn't have wanted to marry another man.
 I have pictures, but I had to restore the hard drive and some of my pictures are gone. Thankfully, I added my faves to Facebook.

No comments:

Dad comes to Utah!

Day 2 Day 3